Organization: Quinte Conservation
Job Type: Seasonal
Location: Belleville, Ontario ON
Posting Date: Dec 04, 2014
Deadline: Jan 23, 2015
Quinte Conservation is one of Ontario's 36 conservation authorities. We are a community based environmental protection agency. Located in eastern Ontario, Quinte Conservation provides cost-effective environmental expertise and leadership that develops and delivers programs to ensure the healthy coexistence between the community, its environment and its economy.
Our 6,000 square kilometre area includes the drainage basins of the Moira, Napanee and Salmon Rivers and all of Prince Edward County and is home to over 117,000 people living in 18 municipalities. Quinte Conservation owns over 30,000 acres of land ranging from small parcels at some of our 39 water control structures, to large tracts of over 1,000 acres, many with significant natural features.
Our mission is to create a sustainable ecosystem where people and nature live in harmony. Our vision is to be the premier ecologically sustainable watershed.
Assist the Campground Supervisor with a variety of administrative, clerical and field duties
• Provide assistance to callers and incoming public in regard to the campground reservation process
• Communicate with head office regularly
• Provide assistance to campers in getting their camping gear to their site by boat
This job is based at Depot Lakes Conservation Area and Campground north of Verona. There is an hourly wage of $14.62 for a 40-hour work week and weekend work will be required.
Must be willing to work weekends
Excellent customer service and public relations skills
• Outgoing personality
• Must be able and willing to work every weekend
• Experience handling money and making change
• Experience using an adding machine
• Ability to work with limited direction
• Endurance required to stand, sit or walk for long periods of time
• Experience working in inclement conditions (heat, rain, biting insects)
• Excellent organizational skills to set priorities, monitor progress, and react to changing circumstances and to assist in problem-solving
• Interpersonal skills and experience required to work with a range of client groups such as the public and colleagues
• Ability to work as a team member and to work independently when required
• Ability to occasionally lift heavy objects
• Strong swimming skills would be beneficial
• Valid Ontario driver’s license and Pleasure Craft license
This job is based at Depot Lakes Conservation Area and Campground north of Verona.
Apply by email with cover letter and resume to:
Kathryn Di Donato, HR Specialist firstname.lastname@example.org
• Include "Summer Jobs" in the subject line of your email
• Include the job title you are applying for in your cover letter
• Application deadline is January 23, 2015
Quinte Conservation is proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at (613) 968-3434 or (613) 354-3312 or
When applying for this position, please say you saw it at WorkCabin