Website Earth Rangers
Position Title: Bilingual (French/English) Animal Handler/Presenter
Hiring Organization: Earth Rangers
Location: Woodbridge, Ontario, Canada
Reports to: Curator, Live Productions
Start Date: Negotiable
Earth Rangers is an award-winning non-profit organization focused on working with children to protect endangered species. Our long-term goal is simple: to protect enough natural habitats to ensure the lasting survival of all species in Canada.
Through our live shows, online community and national television presence, we communicate a positive, science-based message to millions of children each year about the importance of protecting biodiversity. Our Bring Back the Wild program inspires children to become directly involved in protecting critical habitats across Canada by providing an avenue for action.
We are seeking a fully Bilingual (French/English) Animal Handler/Presenter to be responsible for handling and presenting in our public programming across Canada and with general animal husbandry. Please note that this is a Full Time position therefore Seasonal applicants will not be considered.
· Handling of various mammalian, avian and reptilian species for educational purposes
· Deliver educational show programs in both French and English across Canada
· Appear on English/French television and other large market media platforms
· Assist management staff in the development of presentations and guest encounters
· All aspects of daily animal care and maintenance including cleaning, feeding, watering, observing, enclosure upkeep, behavioural enrichment, monitoring of health and record keeping
· Assist with the upkeep of the animal facilities
· Fully bilingual (spoken and written) in the French and English languages
· Post-secondary education (preferably in French) in a related field (zoology, education, biology) is preferred
· Strong public speaking skills in both French and English
· Must be able to communicate clearly & professionally and conduct themselves in a positive manner with co-workers and visitors
· Must work well within a team
· Strong attention to detail
· Strong problem solving skills with the ability to decide when to act independently and when to seek consultation from the supervisor/director
· Must be able to work well under direction and have the capacity to absorb feedback
· Computer literate (MS Office)
· Ability to travel for extended periods of time
· Enjoy working in/outdoors and the ability to work weekends and holidays
· Must have a valid G class drivers license
· Ability to lift 50lbs and capable of meeting the physical demands of the position
Earth Rangers is dedicated to fostering a diverse work environment. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment. Applicants that meet the qualifications will be contacted for an interview.
Earth Rangers is committed to accommodating applicants and employees with disabilities. Should you require accommodation or this job description to be available in an accessible format, please advise.
Interested applicants please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org