Building the talent pipeline for the clean growth economy
This role is offered as part of the Clean Leaders Science Horizons Internship program.
Clean Foundation is proud to partner with Environment and Climate Change Canada’s Science Horizons internship program in Atlantic Canada. Our goal is to build the talent pipeline for the clean growth economy. We help place young professionals in 6-12 month subsidized internships that focus on environment, science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) to graduates from college or university.
The projects that we currently offer through this internship program include environmental restoration, renewable energy, climate change action, technology development, waste reduction, sustainable agriculture and carbon emissions analysis and reduction.
- Strong passion for the environment
- Excellent organization, communication and presentation skills
- Problem-solving ability, self-confidence, and a strong work ethic
- Sound judgement, creativity, and maturity
- Self-motivated, curious and adaptable, able to work as an individual and as part of a team
- Recent graduates from a post-secondary program
- No more than 30 years of age at the start of the internship
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons granted refugee status in Canada
- Available to work for at least six months
- Not currently employed as a paid employee at the host organization
- Legally allowed to work according to the relevant provincial and Canadian legislation and regulations
- Not receiving employment insurance during their internship
- Unemployed or underemploye
1. Apply to be an intern to confirm your eligability. https://clean-foundation.hivebrite.com/custom_page/professional-internships
2. Create your account on The Hive, and browse the Job Board. Apply for jobs of interest. Approved employers will contact you if you are selected for an interview.
*You can also find your own internship with an employer that meets the eligibility criteria (above). They will need to apply to be a host and submit their internship job on the website for approval before you can start as their intern.
3. Once you are matched with a host, Clean will work with you and the host to get the required documents signed prior to the start of your internship.
4. You can start your internship once all the required documents are finalized. At the halfway mark and the end of the internship, you will need to respond to a survey that will serve as a progress report, along with at minimum two check-ins (via phone or, when possible, in person).
We are committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Indigenous People, Visible Minority Groups, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations of positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on either your cover letter or resume.
Be part of The Hive, the clean growth network for Atlantic Canada.
Demonstrate your talent to a new company in a safe and supportive setting.
Get a job that matches your values!
- Apply: https://clean-foundation.hivebrite.com/custom_page/professional-internships
- Email: email@example.com
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/CleanFoundation