Website Quiet Nature Ltd.
Quiet Nature Ltd.
Who are we?
Quiet Nature’s Naturalization division works alongside other trades and contractors to enhance, restore, and create natural spaces. Our projects include; naturalizing stormwater ponds, planting trees in residential and commercial areas, creating meadow and prairie habitat, and woodlot enhancement on rural properties, and building natural playgrounds. A Contract Planting Technician may also be asked to assist with the maintenance and operation of our native plant nursery, and assist our construction and maintenance crews.
Who are you?
Are you a nature-lovin’ people person who is genuinely enjoyable to be around? Do you have a relentless drive and a keen ability to focus and stay motivated? Are you excited by a challenge and the opportunity to learn new skills? Do you think you would like being outside all day, planting trees, shrubs, and creating habitat for wildlife?
If so… keep reading!
Contract Duration: A Contract Planting Technician would be brought in on an as needed basis for the duration of a Naturalization project. An excellent opportunity for someone with part-time, short-term, or seasonal availability. A “contract” could last anywhere from a week to a month. With several contracts occurring throughout the season (April-December).
- Ability to report directly to job sites in various locations, and/or carpool from our shop located in Ayr, On
- Steel Toe work boots/shoes
- Positive attitude and a good sense of humour
- High Fives !
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Hand planting native trees and shrubs (planting techniques will be taught)
- Problem solving abilities
- Responsible and dependable
- Able to focus and stay motivated during strenuous work and/or repetitive tasks
Additional skills that would be an asset, and could lead to potential full time employment
- Experience tree planting
- Driving truck and trailer (enclosed and flatbed)
- Power tool, chainsaw experience
- Skid Steer and Mini Ex Operation
- Lead hand/supervisor experience
- Receive daily instructions from Lead Hand or Naturalization Division Manager
- Follow standard operating procedures
- Plant trees and shrubs
- Maintain a safe and organized jobsite
- Comply with all company policies and regulations
- Work in accordance with all local health and safety laws and regulations
- Fast paced environment
- Often in close proximity to equipment
- Loud, dusty, hot, rainy, cold, wet!
- 10 hour days Monday to Friday, and occasional Saturdays
Please send Resume to the Naturalization Division Manager firstname.lastname@example.org