Contract Planting Technician ( 2-3 positions available)
Duration: April- July
Quiet Nature’s Naturalization division works alongside other trades and contractors to enhance, restore, and create natural spaces. Our projects include; naturalizing stormwater ponds, planting trees in residential and commercial areas, creating meadow, prairie, and wetland habitat on rural properties, and the enhancement of public parks. A Contract Planting Technician may also be asked to assist with the maintenance and operation of our native plant nursery, and assist our Landscape Construction crew.
A Contract Planting Technician is a nature-lovin’ people person who enjoys working on a team. They have a relentless drive and a keen ability to focus and stay motivated. They thrive under pressure, are excited by a challenge and crave the opportunity to learn new skills. Their main responsibility is planting trees and shrubs.
Duration: A Contract Planting Technician would be brought in on an as needed basis for the duration of scheduled Naturalization projects. An excellent opportunity for someone with part-time, short-term, or seasonal availability. Our spring planting season typically lasts from April-July, and our fall planting season typically lasts from September-December.
- Ability to report directly to job sites in various locations, and/or carpool from our shop located in Ayr, On
- Steel Toe work boots/shoes
- Appropriate workwear and raingear
- Physically active
- Positive attitude and a good sense of humour
- High Fives !
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Hand planting native trees and shrubs (planting techniques will be taught)
- Problem solving abilities
- Responsible and dependable
- Able to focus and stay motivated during strenuous work and/or repetitive tasks
Additional skills that would be an asset, and could lead to potential full time employment
- Experience tree planting
- Driving truck and trailer (enclosed and flatbed)
- Power tool, chainsaw experience
- Skid Steer and Mini Ex Operation
- Lead hand/supervisor experience
- Landscape construction experience
- Receive daily instructions from Foreman or Naturalization Division Manager
- Follow standard operating procedures
- Plant trees and shrubs
- Maintain a safe and organized jobsite
- Comply with all company policies and regulations
- Work in accordance with all local health and safety laws and regulations
- Fast paced environment
- Often in close proximity to equipment
- Loud, dusty, hot, rainy, cold, wet!
- 10-12 hour days Monday to Friday, and occasional Saturdays
Please send Resume to the Naturalization Division Manager email@example.com