Corporate Services Assistant
$45,186 – $53,666/yr.
Progressive Benefits Package
At Kawartha Conservation, we believe our success is dependent on people who want to achieve great things. We have a team of individuals who are talented, dedicated, and are committed to our mission to “provide leadership in watershed management and conservation”.
We are currently seeking a motivated and adaptable individual for the role of Corporate Services Assistant. This position will provide support to the CAO and the Leadership Team to allow them to focus on strategic goals and advance programs and initiatives. A high level of customer service will be required to the Board of Directors, staff, and the public. The Corporate Services Assistant is responsible for preparing and distributing all notices, minutes, and reports for the Board of Directors, coordinating and responding to any Freedom of Information requests, and preparing sensitive correspondence and reports, as well as other administrative functions.
To be successful in this position your qualifications will include:
* Post-secondary education in public or business administration or a related discipline, or equivalent relevant experience
* Related courses in software applications, database management, and records management
* Minimum five (5) years of experience in an administrative role
* Previous experience with Board of Directors proceedings, with the ability to prepare agendas, record, transcribe, and distribute minutes
* Working knowledge of MFIPPA is a definite asset
* Superior computer skills, proficient in Microsoft applications of Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
* Strong writing skills and able to use clear, concise language and content for different audiences when preparing correspondence, minutes, and reports
* Effective organizational, time management, and decision making skills with strong attention to detail and accuracy
* Exceptional customer service delivery and a positive work attitude
* Able to maintain filing systems and basic databases
* Experience in meeting scheduling and preparation
* Knowledge of common office equipment
* Experience in reception, phones, customer service
* Ability to work outside of regular business hours, on occasion
* Valid M.T.O. driver’s license with a clean driving record
If you possess these skills and share our corporate values of knowledge, innovation, integrity, teamwork, and performance excellence we encourage you to visit our website at KawarthaConservation.com for a full job description, and to review our complete list of corporate values that drive our success.
Applicants are required to electronically submit a cover letter that specifically demonstrates how you meet the position qualifications above, with a resume in one MS WORD or ADOBE PDF, no later than midnight, January 27, 2019 to:
Re: Corporate Services Assistant
277 Kenrei Road, Lindsay ON K9V 4R1
Tel: 705.328.2271 Fax: 705.328.2286
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. We will accommodate the needs of applicants in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise Human Resources to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process.