SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS
To provide excellent customer service and team leadership in the administration of the fishing and recreation program and operations at CVC’s Island Lake Conservation Area. This position operates from Island Lake Conservation Area in Orangeville.
- 2 years post-secondary training in Parks related programs, Resource Management or other related outdoor recreation;
- A minimum of 2 years directly related field experience, facility management;
- Supervisory experience;
- Must possess a valid Class “G2 or G” driver’s license in good standing. Successful candidate must provide a MTO Driver’s Abstract.
- Experience driving all-terrain vehicles;
- Strong communication and customer service experience;
- Cash handling experience;
- Experience with conflict resolution;
- Working knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with the public and staff both verbally and in written correspondence;
- Some mechanical, carpentry and grounds maintenance experience;
- Ability to lift a 50lb battery;
- Be able to work in adverse weather conditions and be available to work all weekends, holidays and select on-call shifts.
- Knowledge of electrical trolling motors, use and repairs;
- Knowledge of fishing techniques and species;
- Standard first aid and CPR certification.
SUMMARY OF MAJOR TASKS
Perform the following tasks under limited direction:
- Assist in the supervision of casual staff during conservation areas and stewardship programs;
- Assist in hiring, training, evaluating and motivating seasonal staff;
- Assist in preparation of work schedules, schedule and assign work;
- Source and purchase supplies and services in accordance with the CVC Purchasing Policy;
- Participate in promotion of conservation areas and other CVC related activities;
- Maintain accurate records and reports;
- Maintain good internal communications and positive contacts with external groups, agencies and the local community;
- Responsible for handling and overseeing cash, using a cash register, completing day use permits and preparing detailed, accurate daily cash reports;
- Have the ability to work effectively alone and during non-daylight hours;
- Assist with special events as needed;
- Ensure that work is conducted in a safe manner and that all CVC health and safety policies and procedures are adhered to at all time;
- Ensure the safe operation and daily inspection of CVC-owned and operated equipment;
- Responsible for the day to day appearance of the Conservation Area and its facilities, as well as, other projects or duties as assigned;
- Carry out general development, park maintenance and operations procedures in the Conservation Area; which could include, but not limited to heavy lifting, carpentry, plumbing and grounds maintenance;
- Provide visitors with detailed information about the Conservation Area and surrounding area from a recreational and educational perspective;
- Other duties and projects as appropriate to the position.
Anticipated Start and End Dates: April 1 to December 7, 2018 (35 hours/ week)
Hourly Rate: $18.31
Forward resume and cover letter by March 4, 2018 to:
Credit Valley Conservation
E-mail: email@example.com or Fax (905) 670-2210
Please quote “Crew Leader, Conservation Parks – Island Lake” on resume/letter.
Resumes/letters submitted electronically must be submitted in Word or Pdf. format
We thank all applicants for their interest. However only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
CVC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005), CVC will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require disability – related accommodations, please inform the Human Resources (HR) staff. All personal information is collected under the authority of the municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.