TREC Education delivers renewable energy education programs.
Development Manager – TREC Education
TREC Education is seeking an experienced fundraiser to work with a dynamic team to support the
continued growth of the charity’s programming across Canada. The charity engages more than
13,000 Canadians every year, driven by our mission to educate, inspire and assist individuals and
communities in building a 100% renewable energy future.
We are looking for someone who is passionate, motivated and believes strongly in the value of
engaging youth and communities in sustainable energy solutions. The Development Manager (DM)
will support the charities efforts to continue the expansion of its programs across the country.
The Development Manager will report to the Executive Director and will receive support from
colleagues as necessary, however the DM will be the primary driver of the charity’s fundraising
efforts. The DM will be based out of TREC Education’s head office in Toronto, ON.
The Development Manager will have a well-rounded fundraising background, with proven success
o Corporate giving, sponsorship and employee engagement
o Foundation / Government grants
o Annual & major giving
Build a sustainable energy future:
TREC Education’s mission is to educate, inspire and assist individuals and communities in building
a 100% renewable energy future. We believe the future can bring a healthy, prosperous planet led
by informed citizens and powered by renewable energy sources.
TREC Education delivers renewable energy education programs in classrooms and at communities
across Canada – creating systemic change for a greener future and fostering the next generation of
renewable energy leaders. We directly engage more than 13,000 students and adults each year.
• Sparking interest, innovation and creative problem-solving
• Diversity in perspectives and participation
• Environmental stewardship and climate change mitigation
• Hands-on learning and teaching
• Collaborative partnerships and co-learning for program design and delivery
• Celebrating successes; and
• Having fun while making a positive impact!
Do you believe the transition to sustainable energy is essential in Canada? Join our team today!
Development Manager responsibilities:
• Work collaboratively with TREC Education’s Executive Director to develop and execute
strategic fundraising plans.
• Maintain and grow TREC Education’s partnerships with corporate donors and sponsors.
• Secure multi-year federal and provincial grants.
• Lead the identification and acquisition of existing and new revenue from Canadian
• Develop and launch TREC’s first major gift program.
• Effectively identifying, acquire and steward annual and monthly donors (inc. direct mail and
• Collaborate with communications lead to develop communications strategy and effective
donor communications (including reporting, stewardship pieces), web-based experience,
social media strategies related to development.
• Oversee data, processing of donations, including maintaining and updating
• Keep the organization current in relevant philanthropic trends, opportunities and best
• Work with Programs Managers and other stakeholders to write grant applications and
donation requests for new and existing programming.
• Establish and maintain a wide network of external relationships with sponsors, donors,
community liaisons, energy industry representatives, volunteers, media, education officials.
• Ability to travel periodically within Canada.
Skills and Qualifications
• Minimum of 3-5 years experience in a generalist fundraising role.
• Bachelor degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Excellent track record in setting and achieving fund development targets.
• Strong track record in developing successful grant applications.
• Experience and success in identifying, planning, building and sustaining effective, strategic
corporate partnerships including cause-marketing, sponsorships and charitable giving.
• Success in developing and managing annual giving and monthly giving programs.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively and communicate with a variety of audiences,
including donors, volunteers, committees, senior management and corporate partners.
• Works well independently to achieve results and solve problems.
• Strong familiarity with the requirements of the Canada Revenue Agency requirements for
• Enthusiasm and a positive, engaging approach.
• Ability to inspire donors, volunteers, staff team, media, partners.
• Fluency in French considered an asset.
• Experience securing major donors considered an asset.
• Ability to establish and monitor priorities, remain flexible, meet deadlines, and have fun.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time position. The salary rate is competitive for an experienced development
professional in the environmental non-profit sector and will be based on skills, experience and
qualifications of the successful candidate.
• three weeks of holidays per year
• flexible work hours
• training and development opportunities
Further terms of employment will be discussed with candidates during the interview process.
How to Apply
Email your cover letter and resume to info @ treceducation.ca.
Please ensure the following:
1) Subject line reads: “TCF Dev Manager (Your Last Name)”
2) Cover letter and resume is no longer than 3 pages combined.
3) Cover letter and resume are saved as a single pdf document.
Deadline for applications is June 23rd 2017.
We are committed to evaluating all applications on the basis of merit and are strongly committed to
equity and diversity within our community.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or in
person inquiries, please.