Website Lower Trent Conservation
Contract position to December 14, 2018 with potential for renewal
The Development Services Technician reports to the Manager, Development Services & Water Resources and assists with delivery of the planning and regulations program.
– Provide high-quality service to meet LTC, municipal, partner, and public expectations.
– Respond to public, legal, and real estate inquiries regarding development proposals and LTC regulations, as required.
– Respond to information requests from consultants, other agencies, and the public for planning and environmental information, as required.
– Ensure that the records and filing system (both conventional and digital) for the planning and regulations program are maintained.
– Review and process plan review applications and Development, Interference with Wetlands and Alteration to Shorelines and Watercourses permit applications, as assigned.
– Conduct field investigations relating to planning and regulations applications and other watershed management programs.
– Prepare digital maps, using GIS software, as needed, to support LTC review of planning and regulations decisions and in response to external requests.
– Assist and participate in education and outreach activities, where appropriate and as assigned.
– Adhere with all LTC policies and procedures.
– Undertake other related duties as required, and as assigned, by the supervisor or CAO.
– Post-secondary education in planning, environmental planning, geography, environmental studies or related discipline required.
– Minimum of one year work experience in environmental planning and/or conservation authority regulations or equivalent, required.
– Understanding of floodplains and floodplain management principles preferred.
– Ability to read and interpret maps, surveys, and air photos required.
– Experience using Geographic Information Systems software an asset.
– Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing required.
– Ability to work to deadlines and adjust to multiple job tasks required.
– Ability to work outdoors in adverse conditions required.
– Valid driver’s licence for the Province of Ontario in good standing required.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Contract position to December 14, 2018 with potential for renewal; full-time (40 hours/week); $47,988 – $56,456 annually
HOW TO APPLY:
Mail or email your cover letter (please specify where you learned of the job opportunity) clearly marked “Development Services Technician”, along with your resume by Monday, January 22, 2018 at 4pm to:
Janet Noyes, Manager, Development Services & Water Resources
Lower Trent Conservation, 714 Murray Street, RR 1, Trenton, Ontario K8V 5P4
Lower Trent Conservation is an equal opportunity employer in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Lower Trent Conservation will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection, and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities.
Personal information provided is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.