Website Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development
Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development
2 positions are available in Fort St. John, Fort Nelson or Dawson Creek.
$63,973.31 – $72,937.86 annually
The Resource Management Division (RMD) within the Ministry works to maintain and restore the natural diversity of ecosystems, fish and wildlife species and their habitats. Through the development and implementation of clear strategies, legislation, partnerships, innovative projects, science-based standards and effective monitoring and reporting, the Division aims to reduce the number of ecosystems and species at risk while balancing conservation of Crown land with resource access and development
This position will provide a key professional role in supporting strategic initiatives, which may include implementation of commitments related to First Nations reconciliation, woodland caribou recovery, cumulative effects, and regional moose management planning. The successful incumbent may assess proposed project effects related to transactional authorizations or major projects including assessment of proposed data collection methods of key environmental values, assessment of impacts to values and proposed mitigation, restoration and offsetting measures.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Qualifications for this role include:
· Master’s degree (or higher) in biological sciences or related field and two (2) years’ of *related experience; OR
· Bachelor’s degree in biological sciences or related field and four (4) years’ of *related experience;
· Registered as a Registered Professional Biologist (RP Bio) in BC with the College of Applied Biology (CAB) or *immediately eligible for registration within six months of employment.
*Related Experience must include all of the following:
· Experience providing advice within a regulatory regime.
· Experience assessing impacts of development on natural resources.
· Experience monitoring natural resources.
· Experience conducting field-based biological sampling, analysis and reporting.
For more information and to apply online by July 25, 2019, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/61995
Attention: only applications submitted through the BC Public Service’s employment website (see link above) will be accepted.