Website Camp Kandalore
Position: Groundskeeper / Cleaner
Job Type: Seasonal with potential for an extension
Location: Camp Kandalore, Algonquin Highlands, Ontario
Wage: $14 Hourly
Description: Camp Kandalore is located 12 minutes North of Carnarvon in Algonquin Highlands, Ontario. Since 1947 Kandalore has offered an exemplary camp program to campers age 6-16. Kandalore has a rich history of paddling and canoe tripping which complements our dynamic in-camp activity program.
Start Date: June 18/2018
The Role: Camp Kandalore is looking for a hard-working, positive and reliable individual to join our team as a Groundskeeper and Cleaner. This person will be responsible for a variety of duties as outlined by the Site Manager. The general duties include:
• Cleaning of camp common areas including washrooms and shower facilities
• Grass cutting and weed whacking
• Garbage collection and transportation of garbage to nearby landfill sites
• Supply Washrooms and other common areas with necessary materials
• Assisting maintenance staff with the upkeep of the camp facilities
• Painting and other minor repairs of camp structures
• Building basic storage boxes, canoe racks, paddle racks, shelving units etc.
• An appreciation for the environment and outdoor education
• Able to lift 50lbs continuously and work in a physically demanding environment
• Able to work outside year round in all types of weather
• Able to work as a positive member of a team as well as independently
Please submit your resume to Gord Darling – Site Manager – Gord@kandalore.com
Kandalore thanks all applicants for their interest, but can acknowledge only those selected for an interview.
We offer camp style accommodation and meal plan. Living at Kandalore includes access to our water front and adventure activity sites as well as use of kayaks, canoes, stand up paddle boards, mountain bikes, etc....Come join the fun!