Website Shared Value Solutions Ltd.
We offer flexible working arrangements and meaningful work
Hydrologist/ Surface Water Specialist (Contract)- We offer flexible working hours, learning opportunities, and meaningful work.
We are a growing consulting firm based in Guelph, Ontario that offers its employees flexibility, excellent learning opportunities, and the ability to work with amazing people on a daily basis.
SVS staff have the autonomy and support to grow their careers in the direction they choose to help meet our collective mission of a land where all peoples can reach their full potential, share prosperity and uphold their rights. We are aligned in our commitment to doing good work in both our local and client communities, and we are known for our fun company culture and our commitment to providing excellent client service.
A few more key points about SVS:
- Our company is filled with individuals who like taking initiative and thinking outside of the box.
- We believe in creating shared value in every project we work on and we assist Indigenous and non-Indigenous communities and private sector companies in coming together to create shared value for all parties involved.
- We are a Certified B Corp – we believe business should be about making a difference and doing good for both people and places.
The Position: We’re looking for a Hydrologist/Surface Water Specialist to fill a one year contract position – with possibility of extension. The pay range we’re offering is competitive and negotiable.
- We offer flexible working arrangements.
- We have an incredibly unique company culture that allows us to shine positive lights on our failures and work in an environment where we can learn and grow together, all while doing meaningful work.
- 3-5 years professional experience
- P.Eng., M. Eng., B.A.Sc or B.Eng or Masters in Environmental Sciences, Water Engineering or Geography
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience applying knowledge of hydrology, limnology, water treatment principles, system wide/watershed water management practices, erosion and sediment control design in data collection, analysis and for predictive purposes (esp. for impact assessment)
- Strong project management / project coordination skills
- Skills and experience with a relationship-based approach to business development/sales
- Skills and experience working in cross-cultural settings, preferably with First Nation, Métis, and/or Inuit communities
- Working with cross-functional teams to ensure our clients goals are met within each project
- Coordinating and assisting with technical peer reviews of regulatory environmental permitting and approvals for pipelines, energy, mining, waste, and other major infrastructure development projects
- Assisting in the interpretation of “traditional ecological knowledge” that apply to surface water resources
- Conducting fieldwork for environmental sampling, flood mapping, and water modeling projects
- Liaising effectively with Indigenous community clients, regulators and proponents
- Writing technical reports and preparing presentations
- Assisting in the design and execution of water quality and hydrologic programs
- Managing projects and preparing budgets and workplans
Asset Qualifications: Experience in the mining sector, previous consulting experience, flood mapping and modelling experience, regulatory and permitting knowledge and experience.
Let us know if you speak: French, Cree, Ojibway, Oji-Cree, Innu, or other languages that might be useful for this position.
We are on the traditional territory of the Attawandaron People. We honour the original ancestors of this land and also offer respect to our Haudenosaunee, Anishinaabe, Mississauga and Métis neighbours. We strive to be accountable by acknowledging this history and cultivating respect in our relationships with our Indigenous neighbours and the land.
We are located downtown Guelph and we are lucky to be close to public transit, restaurants, and parks.
Summing it Up - Why should you apply?
- Fun company culture
- Learning and career growth opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- Meaningful work
- Great coffee/tea
In the spirit of reconciliation and diversity, we are committed to increasing our number of Indigenous employees. Please let us know in your application if you are First Nations, Metis or Inuit.
Send your application to: HR@sharedvaluesolutions.com