Position: Full Time Summer position.
Term: May 1st to Aug 31st, 2018 (tentatively)
Wage: Approx. $17.50 -18:50 per hour depending on experience and qualifications.
The Lesser Slave Lake Bird Observatory is seeking a friendly, outgoing individual who enjoys people, loves nature, and working in a dynamic team environment. Based at the Boreal Centre for Bird Conservation (an education and research centre), the successful candidate will be responsible for information services for visitors to Lesser Slave Lake Provincial Park and area, retail operations at the gift shop; promotion of program and events, providing tours of the facilities, assisting with delivery of education programs for schools and public, organizing our annual Songbird Festival plus some administrative duties. If you enjoy meeting new people, this is a great job for you.
This position is an employee of the Lesser Slave Lake Bird Observatory Society and it is based at the Boreal Centre for Bird Conservation in Lesser Slave Lake Provincial Park, Slave Lake AB. Affordable on-site rental accommodation is available at the Boreal Centre for Bird Conservation at $295/month.
- Minimum of 1 year of post-secondary education in related field
- Preference may be given to candidates registered as a full time student in a post-secondary institution in 2017/18 and will be returning as a full time student next year.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license.
- Standard First Aid and CPR Certificate prior to commencement
- Criminal Record Check (including vulnerable sectors) will be required prior to commencement.
- Able to work some evenings and most weekends during peak summer period.
- Knowledge of the Slave Lake Area and Lesser Slave Lake Provincial Park
- Retail experience, exceptional customer service.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of birds and plants of northern Alberta
- Enjoy meeting new people
For more info: call 780-848-8240 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to:
Lesser Slave Lake Bird Observatory
Slave Lake, AB T0G 2A0
Email: email@example.com or Fax: 780-849-8239
Deadline for applications is February 26th, 2018
Spend your summer living right in the middle of a boreal forest of Lesser Slave Lake Provincial Park, with hiking trails and the lakeshore at your doorstep. The Boreal Centre for Bird Conservation is a fast-paced, dynamic and fun work experience. we are a busy visitor centre for the local Provincial Park as well as host a wide range of school field trips, summer camps, interpretive programs for campers, and community outreach events. And of course, you have the opportunity to share the avian monitoring and conservation programs of the LSLBO with visitors from around the world over the summer. Working in a diverse team, you will have the chance to also gain experience in our wide range of education and avian monitoring programs over the summer. To learn more about us, check out www.borealbirdcentre.ca as well as www.lslbo.org. Or check out our Boreal Centre for Bird Conservation Facebook page!