Position: Landscape Estimator/Designer/Architect (horticulturist)
Start date: When we find the right candidate.
Where: ByNature Design, 490 – 1000 Parker street, Vancouver, BC, V6A 2H2.
Hours: 8am – 4pm. 40hr/week minimum. Occasionally in the evenings and week-ends (mostly for events and tradeshows).
Incentive: Great environment and great atmosphere.
At ByNature, we strive to reconnect people with nature by offering products that bring interiors to life and make people feel good. We are a young and small company that has been growing quite fast over the past couple of years.
ByNature is looking for a new Horticulturist/Landscape Estimator/Designer/Architect to embrace ByNature’s vision. You will be working directly with our project manager on new projects from the estimating phase to the design and then the completion. We are looking for somebody who is a quick-learner, trustworthy, responsible and professional.
Please be sure you have the following requirements before applying:
– A degree/training in horticulture or landscaping (plant knowledge is mandatory).
– A valid work permit (Canadian citizen or permanent resident).
– Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word & Excel).
– A valid driver’s license.
The following skills would be an asset:
– Experience in rendering software (Photoshop, CAD or Sketchup)
– Bilingual French/English.
Tasks & Responsibilities
You will be assigned to new projects. First you will have to build quotations, create some basic renderings and then handle the supply and schedule until completion of the project.
Internally, you will work closely with our project manager and our production team to make sure they manufacture according to your specifications. Your plant knowledge will help providing insight and knowledge on plant physiology and environmental requirements.
You will also have to manage client expectations and make sure that all projects are professionally scheduled, managed and completed.
Most importantly, you will need to be highly organized, flexible to deal with issues on site where conditions are variable, and be a great problem solver.
The position consists of the following tasks;
· Prepare project proposals and develop project plans, schedules and budget,
· Interact with customers to clearly understand business needs and expectations,
· Analyze and resolve project issues in timely and accurate manner,
· Work with the sales team to develop integrated biophilic features,
· Bring your projects to completion in a very professional way.
Eligibility Requirements Summary
· Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work,
· Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task,
· Must have some plant knowledge (you will also learn a lot with us),
· Great capacities to improvise and adapt to any kind of unexpected situations,
· Must be courteous, reliable, diligent and be able to work independently,
· Must be able to handle requests on the fly.
We realize that our work is quite unique and be aware that we will be training you for the different steps involved in the sale process.
We are looking for someone who is ready for this professional adventure and who will grow with the company. If you are committed and a great team player, there will be many opportunities for advancement!
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your application will not be considered if these documents are not provided. Thank you!
Landscape architect – landscaper – landscaping – interior design – design – interiorscape – interior landscaper – indoor greenery – horticulture – nursery – designer – plant – moss – living wall – moss wall – preserved plants – manager – management – team leader – leadership – environmental science – environment – ecology – biology.