Website Toronto and Region Conservation Authority
SUMMARY OF FUNCTION:
Responsible for the daily supervision of project sites, staff and maintenance of vehicles and equipment while providing support, technical expertise and leadership in the construction of restoration plans across the TRCA jurisdiction.
- Post-secondary Degree or Diploma in resource management, restoration ecology, environmental sciences, fish and wildlife management or related field;
- Minimum 2-4 years of experience related to major tasks; resource management, restoration ecology, environmental sciences, fish and wildlife management or related field;
- Strong knowledge of aquatic and terrestrial ecosystems, fish and wildlife and habitat requirements;
Environmental regulatory legislation, project management and implementation;
- Proven ability to manage, plan, develop and implement habitat restoration projects;
Collect and analyse biophysical information including habitat assessments and restoration opportunities;
Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong public relations skills; experience with the media an asset;
- Demonstrated report and proposal writing and analytical skills;
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act and regulations and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act;
- Ability to deal tactfully and courteously with the public;
- Effective problem solving skills and leadership skills including staff supervision, coaching and mentoring;
- Excellent computer proficiency with software experience (MS PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Access, ArcMap);
- Strong budget management and cost control skills;
- Ability to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions;
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work as a team member;
- Skilled in the operation of small machinery and construction equipment;
- Valid Ontario G driver’s license in good standing.
SUMMARY OF MAJOR TASKS:
Perform the following tasks under general supervision.
- Assist with the implementation and monitoring of habitat creation and restoration projects.
- Assist with the collection and analysis of biophysical information including habitat assessments and restoration opportunities.
- Supervise the field activities and training of seasonal staff.
- Operate and maintain general equipment, small construction equipment and biological sampling equipment.
- Coordinate with contractors and arrange materials deliveries to ensure effective operations for project implementation.
- Prepare and guide daily tailgate talks as they pertain to a particular work site.
- Liaise with the general public, landowners and staff of other agencies as required.
- Carry out other duties as assigned.
FORWARD COVER LETTER AND RESUME – BY APPLYING ONLINE:
By: Friday June 30, 2017
Please attach one pdf document that includes both your cover letter and resume.
At TRCA, we respect diversity and treat one another in ways that are fair, courteous and compassionate, recognizing everyone’s contributions. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. TRCA is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require disability – related accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.