Website Native Solutions
Planting for a Greener New Zealand
Environmental Restoration Landscaper
Planting season at Native Solutions is a very busy time of year (April – December). We are always on the look out for motivated, hard-working and dedicated planters to join our crews. A planting job at Native Solutions is very unique! You will be working in a crew of anywhere between 6-12 people and will take you all over New Zealand.
What exactly is involved in a planting job role?
Planting includes, but not limited to the following tasks:
- Preparing and maintenance of seedbeds
- Planting of shrubs, trees and bulbs
- Maintenance in the way of planting, weeding, trimming and fertilisation techniques
- Installation of protection devices and plant support materials.
- Application of spray for insect, weed control and their safety.
- Application of mulch mediums, weed mat materials, wind netting and irrigation.
- Have a current Site Safe certificate would be of advantage. Canadian applications are highly encouraged.
What do we need from prospective planters?
Have a current, clean N.Z or international driver’s license.
Able to work as a team but also unsupervised when applicable.
Able to cope with last minute changes.
Hard working and excellent work ethic.
Willing to undertake random drug testing as well as preliminary drug and alcohol testing.
Willing to allow the company to do a criminal record check.
Fit and able to perform vigorous work.
Able to work 6 days a week in peak season.