1 year contract (potential for extension)
This is a management position supporting Trout Unlimited Canada’s monitoring, assessment and restoration programs in various watershed throughout Ontario. Duties will include: supervising junior contract staff, summer students and volunteers; coordinating volunteer and restoration workdays; ensuring the successful development and implementation of budgets and projects; liaising and providing technical and scientific support to TUC’s Ontario Chapters. Administrative duties will include reporting and participation in fundraising activities. The incumbent will also be responsible for major fundraising for restoration projects (targets to be set).
- Post secondary degree in ecology, conservation or biology
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in related position
- Understanding of biological and physical processes in aquatic systems
- Ability to reliably identify and assess issues and develop appropriate solutions
- Expertise in experimental design, data analysis and interpretation
- Demonstrated success in grant writing
- Project management skills
- Strong time management skills
- Strong technical writing and communication skills
- Strong public outreach and communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership and staff management skills
- Availability for occasional evening and weekend work.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and grow as a professional
Start Date: August 1, 2017
Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted, we are unable to reply to all those who follow-up.