Website 2 Degrees Transformational Travel
Unleash Youth Potential Through Travel
Position: This unique role offers an opportunity to design travel programs for international students visiting Vancouver with the intention of building them into leaders for sustainability. Teach environmental education in engaging adventurous settings in and around Vancouver, Canada during peak-season from March 1st – August 30th annually. From September – December, support promotions, build partnerships with local educational institutions, place-based educational facilities, NGO’s, NPO’s and B-Corp companies who are aligned with developing youth into future conscious leaders. From January to March annually coordinate and book experiences based incoming demand and local partnership availability. Lots of opportunity for professional development to increase skill set, versatility and bandwidth to educate serving student travel market demands. Be a change-maker in a fast-paced small progressive educational travel company in growth mode inspired to make a difference, locally and globally.
Education and Experience:
- 2 or more years working with youth teaching outdoor education
- Experience in non-profit sector an asset
- Program Management an asset
- 1 year of teaching abroad preferred
- Standard Wilderness First Aid preferred
- IB and AP graduate and IB teaching experience preferred
- Required to be eligible for Eco Environmental Professional wage subsidy- https://www.eco.ca/wage-subsidy-programs/im-a-job-candidate/
- Current First Aid/CPR certification required
- All selected candidates are required to submit a current criminal record check.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Ability to communicate, engage and story tell to make complex ideas relate-able and understandable.
Ability to build relationships, lead with integrity and make decisions based on company aligned values.
Has Strong group facilitation skills connecting experiences to big ideas
Values autonomy with the ability to exceed timeline and deliverable expectations
Adaptable, versatile and willingness to go above and beyond to serve for the greater good
Has Knowledge of the Greater Vancouver transit system, routing and schedules
Is Bi or multilingual.
Interest in Photography/storytelling to capture moments and facilitate social media campaigns
- Design, coordinate, prepare activities for an experiential program aimed to build life skills and leaders
- Implement programs based on age and learning outcomes drawing from a set of comprehensive resources
- Encourage forest play, hiking while ensuring safety near bodies of water, streams and other terrain of concern
- Prepare learning materials and ensure ready with equipment for each day
- Assume overall responsibility for program tools and equipment, to include safety, use, and maintenance
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint proficient
- Support marketing and promotions by providing structure/itineraries of program and allocate appropriate resources for quotation
- Build relationships with schools, NPO, NGO and any organization with similar goals in youth and sustainable development.
- Attend conferences to build network and spread awareness of 2 Degrees mission.
Compensation: Salary based on experience and qualifications
3-month probation to determine fit
2 Degrees Transformational Travel is about:
Mission: Create travel experiences that build leaders to make a difference both locally and globally.
Vision: Inspiring youth to lead in sustainable development by creating experiential education that contribute towards their international education and employability.
Culture: Fast-paced, progressive, on-trend, live a professional life being passionate, aligned with work ethic/mindset for success.