Why work at Quiet Nature?
If you love working with your hands, getting a bit dirty, and want to take pride in creating special places, then you’ve come to the right spot.
Located in Ayr, Ontario, Quiet Nature is a multiple award-winning landscape design and construction firm focused on the creation of sustainable landscape solutions, ecological restoration projects, water features, natural swim ponds, natural stonework, and walkways & patios. We’re a group of unique people building unique spaces. We’re a rapidly growing business looking to add more all-stars to the team. We like to have a good time both in and outside of the job, but also know how to bust our asses when there’s work to be done. We want good people and promise that you won’t be paired up with any slackers!
Landscape Professional – Crew Leader x 2 ($970 – $1,650 gross/week)
We’re looking for a well rounded Landscape Construction Crew Leader with a minimum of 5 years experience in the industry (preferably more) where you’ve been the lead on projects both small and large building patios, retaining walls, walkways, and other landscape features.
At Quiet Nature, you’ll be responsible for overseeing all on-site aspects of our landscape installations with your positive attitude and great problem-solving abilities. You have excellent communication skills, demand high-quality work from yourself and your co-workers, and know how to take good care of our clients and their properties.
We like to use technology and equipment to manage and build our projects, so being comfortable with smartphones, tablets, excavation equipment, and other specialty tools that make life easier is very important.
- Positive attitude and a good sense of humour
- Gives out high fives liberally
- Focus on high-quality craftsmanship
- Effective communication skills
- Teamwork mentality
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Responsible and dependable
- High ethics and integrity
- Manage the execution of construction projects, planning labour & equipment requirements, material deliveries and timing to ensure completion within project deadlines
- Manage safety, quality, and productivity of work at sites
- Assist in the preparation of job plans prior to the beginning of a project
- Supervise, coordinate, and schedule the day to day work activities of a landscape construction crew of 2 to 4 employees
- Participate in recruitment activities by conducting secondary interviews with potential job candidates
- Conduct on-site orientations with new employees and employees in new positions, which cover all company health and safety policies, practices, and procedures
- Operate various tools and equipment, including heavy equipment, chainsaws, jackhammers, laser levels, measurement equipment, shovels, hammers, drills, etc.
- Assist in the construction of walkways, fences, decks, posts, etc.
- Perform preventative maintenance on tools and equipment by conducting inspections, lubricating, and cleaning on a daily basis
- Read and interpret blueprints, structural drawings, and specifications to delegate/complete work activities
- Meet with subcontractors and supervise quality, efficiency, and deadlines
- Complete and submit all required paperwork on a daily basis, including daily site meeting logs, crew daily forms, equipment daily inspection forms, attendance tracking, time and materials billing summaries, requests for time off, etc.
- Comply with all company policies and regulations
- Maintain and enforce standards of cleanliness and organization in assigned trucks, trailers, equipment, job sites, and shop/yard areas
- Ensure that all work activities are carried out in a safe and efficient manner and that all crew members are in compliance with government and company PPE standards
- Enforce and work in accordance with all local health and safety laws and regulations at the shop/yard and on job sites
- Employee training
- Communicate with customers in a polite and courteous manner
If this sounds like you, visit our website and submit an application today!