Regulation & Permitting Technician
$53,330 – $63,339/Year
At Kawartha Conservation, we believe our success is dependent on people who want to achieve great things. We have a team of individuals who are talented, dedicated, and are committed to our mission to “provide leadership in watershed management and conservation.”
We are currently seeking a Regulation & Permitting Technician with exceptional customer service skills to complement our Planning and Regulation team. This permanent position is responsible for reviewing and processing permit applications, conducting permit inspections, and responding to inquiries from landowners, consultants, developers, municipalities and other conservation authorities. The provision of excellent customer and client service is essential.
To be successful in this position your qualifications will include:
* Completion of university degree or college technical diploma with courses in disciplines which may include land use planning, natural resource management, and/or environmental assessment.
* Familiar with legislation applicable to the position, including but not limited to Conservation Authorities Act Section 28, Planning Act, Fisheries Act.
* Minimum three (3) years of experience working in a related field.
* Familiar with legislation applicable to position, including but not limited to Conservation Authorities Act Section 28, Planning Act, Fisheries Act.
* Working experience with Microsoft Office, GIS software such Arc GIS, land survey equipment and GPS.
* Understanding of Ontario municipal land use planning, the development process, and provincial policies and technical guidelines in relation to natural hazards and natural heritage planning.
* Understanding of and appreciation for, the purpose of the Ontario municipal land use planning process.
* Experience reviewing development applications and preparing permits under Conservation Authority Ontario Regulations or other environmental legislation an asset.
* Familiar with workplace legislation such as Employment Standards Act, WSIB, Occupational Health and Safety, AODA.
* Possess a valid Ontario driver’s license and clean driving record.
If you possess these skills and share our corporate values of knowledge, innovation, integrity, teamwork, and performance excellence we encourage you to visit our website at www.kawarthaconservation.com for a full job description, and to review our complete list of corporate values that drive our success.
Applicants are required to electronically submit a cover letter, which specifically demonstrates how they meet the position qualifications above, with a resume in one MS WORD or ADOBE PDF, no later than midnight, July 14, 2019 to:
Re: Regulation & Permitting Technician
277 Kenrei Road, Lindsay ON K9V 4R1
Tel: 705.328.2271 Fax: 705.328.2286
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. We will accommodate the needs of applicants in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise Human Resources to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process