Website BC Ministry of Environment and Climate Change Strategy
Senior Environmental Impact Assessment Biologist
$69,900.80 – $79,791.25 annually plus 3.3% Temporary Market Adjustment
This position may be located, based on operational availability, in any Ministry of Environment office: Smithers, Prince George, Surrey, Nanaimo, Cranbrook, Nelson, Penticton, Victoria, Kamloops, or Williams Lake.
Are you a motivated individual with a passion for the environment? This is a great opportunity to make an impact on the Province’s environmental protection. Apply today to help make a difference.
The Senior Environmental Impact Assessment Biologist manages staff and financial resources for the environmental impact assessment section, and provides biological, chemical and other environmental impact assessment (EIA) support to legislated and other statutory decision makers for Environmental Management Act authorizations.
The Senior Environmental Impact Assessment Biologist oversees the design, implementation and assessment of water quality monitoring programs for EIA studies and provision of technical input on Environmental Assessment Act reviews. This position also develops site-specific water quality objectives, provides Regional Operations with impact assessment support for enforcement activities under the Environmental Management Act and Canada Fisheries Act, maintains knowledge of current research in the field, oversees junior staff, and administratively manages contracts.
Qualifications for this role include:
· Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Environmental Studies or various multi-disciplinary resource management studies, or other related fields, and 5 years of related experience; OR
· Other relevant combinations of education and experience such as Master’s degree in a related field, plus 3 years of related experience may be considered
Related experience must include:
· Experience managing complex and sensitive projects; (project proposals, budget management, implementation analysis and recommendations)
· Experience interpreting and applying environmental management legislation and policy
· Experience managing and conducting environmental monitoring, assessments and reporting
· Registered Professional Biologist (RP Bio) in B.C. and in good standing with the College of Applied Biology or immediately eligible for membership within six months of employment.
For more information and to apply online by July 28, 2019, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/62145