Website Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development
BC Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development
For St John, BC
Senior Licensed Authorizations Officer
Salary $62,983.74 – $78,666.02 annually
This position is also posted as a Scientific Technical Officer 27 via requisition 56568
Do you like to challenge yourself and thrive in a fast-paced, ever changing work environment? Do you have a positive attitude, a commitment to the BC Public Service values, and are driven to get the job done? Then look no further: the Senior Licensed Authorizations Officer is the opportunity you have been waiting for to apply your considerable experience and expertise in natural resource management to complex Crown land applications and decisions.
Qualifications for this role include:
· Degree in the natural resource field or equivalent as recognized by the relevant association
· Registered, or immediately eligible for registration as a professional, with the British Columbia professional association as required by the specialty area (i.e. BC Institute of Agrologists, Association of BC Forest Professionals, Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of BC, Corporation of BC Land Surveyors).
Experience in natural resource management must include:
· Experience making or supporting natural resource management recommendations and/or decisions involving multidisciplinary issues.
· Experience working with diverse stakeholders, often with opposing views, and resolving conflict.
· Experience in preparation of briefing and presentation materials, demonstrating excellent oral and written communication skills.
Preference may be given to candidates with the following:
· Experience supervising, leading, coaching and mentoring staff.
· Experience with Crown Land Authorizations and the Land Act.
· Experience with land title conveyancing, interpreting land surveys, real estate appraisal and administration of real estate interests.
· Experience in leading and successfully completing First Nations consultation, including consultation on proposals which received opposition by First Nations.
· Experience evaluating natural resource applications and reviewing proposals.
Experience with BC Laws governing natural resource management.
For more information and to apply online by January 28, 2019, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/57208