The Tim Horton Children’s Foundation is committed to serving youth from low-income families living in Tim Hortons communities across Canada and the United States. Our campers participate in wilderness-based experiences which are a powerful tool for personal growth and learning. Our five year program builds skills and strengths that help youth thrive at school, succeed in their future workplaces and become positive, contributing members of their communities.
We’re looking for…
Tim Horton Camp Whiteshell (THCW) is located on the beautiful shores of Sylvia Lake across the river from Pinawa, and just within the boundary of the Whiteshell Provincial Park. Located about a 1 hour drive north-east of Winnipeg, THCW is surrounded by cliff-edged rivers, clear deep lakes, and soaring pines. Program highlights at THCW include: multi-day backcountry canoe trips, wilderness survival skills, low ropes challenge course and waterfront activities.
June 3, 2017 – September 2, 2017
WHAT WOULD YOU BE DOING?
- Delivering quality, youth-focused programming through guiding multi-day wilderness canoe trips
- Ensuring proper equipment instruction and safety of staff and campers at all times
- Assessing risk and implementing the Foundation’s safety standards and procedures
- Support packing and preparation for trips
- Reporting concerns or incidents related to camper and staff wellness, as well as equipment maintenance
- Completing daily trip logs and related forms, as well as incident/accident reports as necessary
- Being a role model for campers to look up to during the camp session and beyond
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU?
- Pursuing post-secondary degree or diploma in recreation, outdoor/adventure education or a related field
- Experience planning and executing wilderness canoe trips
- Experience working with youth, preferably in an outdoor setting
- Wilderness First Responder Certification – or willing to obtain
- Bronze Cross Certification – or willing to obtain
- Wilderness Water Safety Certification – an asset
- Bilingual in French an English – an asset
- Demonstrated group facilitation skills
- Skilled in behaviour management and problem solving
- Clear criminal background check
- Ability to live on-site for an extended period of time and work flexible hours
To learn more or to apply online, please visit: www.thcfjobs.com.
JOIN OUR TEAM TO…
- Be involved in inspiring young people to discover their potential
- Work alongside liked-minded change makers
- Be eligible for a variety of wage incentives
- Work in a picturesque location, ideal for outdoor adventures
- Participate in extensive, industry-leading training opportunities
- Having your accommodations and meals provided