Employment Duration Permanent Full Time
Closing Date Open until filled
Union/Affiliation: Administrative and Professional Staff (APSA)
Pay range: $65,871 To $78,658 Annually
SFU Department Descr: Office of Sustainability
Position Grade: 9
Number of openings: 1
Biweekly Hours: 72
The Manager, Campus Sustainability is responsible for liaising with operational functions to encourage, identify, pilot, harness and scale sustainable decisions and practices in support of SFU’s strategic sustainability objectives. The Manager champions the integration of sustainability considerations into management policies, procedures and systems within operations at the University. The Manager acts as a formal connection to the Vice President Finance & Administration (VPFA) portfolio to ensure the University’s three campuses operate in alignment with its sustainability plans and that operational functions integrate sustainability into all practices and decisions. The Manager develops and manages University-wide projects and coordinates the activities of project partners across the VPFA portfolio and where applicable external partners from government, city, business, university and community organizations. The Manager represents the University on external campus sustainability and operational-related committees, boards and forums.
- Master’s degree in Sustainability or Environmental Science and five years of related experience in organizational sustainability strategy and programming; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Excellent knowledge of public agency laws, regulation and targets related to sustainability in British Columbia and Canada.
- Excellent knowledge of concepts in social, ecological and economic sustainability.
- Excellent knowledge of operational sustainability benchmarking systems, tools and frameworks (e.g., lifecycle assessment, Natural Step Framework).
- Good knowledge of BC Aboriginal history and issues.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (oral, written and presentation) and networking skills.
- Excellent leadership, supervisory and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Excellent program and financial management skills.
- Excellent organizational, administrative, research, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage large complex projects with multiple stakeholders and partners.
- Ability to develop relationships and partnerships and to work collaboratively at all levels and areas within the organization.
- Ability to advise, guide and provide training to various stakeholders across the University.
- Ability to exercise mature judgement, initiative, diplomacy and tact.
- Ability to manage administrative systems.
- Ability to analyze and disseminate data, and to report out.
- Proficient in the use of word processing, database, spreadsheets and desktop publishing publications.
- Ability to arrange suitable transportation to various work locations.
Please include your cover letter and resume in one attachment.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
To apply for this job please visit tre.tbe.taleo.net.