Sr. Bike Mechanic/Ski & Snowboard Technician
- Compensation according to experience
- Full time/permanent: 40-45 hours/week, with exceptions during peak times
- Days, Weekends, some evenings
- 1 position to fill as soon as possible
Who we are AO offers the complete package of outdoor experience. In winter our shop staff mount, tune and repair skis and snowboards to the highest level of quality. In summer, we operate a full-service bike repair shop and retail sales.
- Ski & Snowboard tuning, repair, mounting and waxing.
- Bike repair, building, and tuning
- Bike related retail sales
- Must be able to work independently, prioritize and multitask to meet challenging deadlines
- Customer service – comfortable speaking with people, asking the right questions and suggest solutions
Our staff is committed to answering any questions that come our way with either the knowledge or the ability to find the right answer. We are completely knowledgeable of all our products and manufacturers we stock, what can be ordered, and where we can find info. We need to be able to guide customers throughout our store to enhance their shopping experience. We are here to give our energy and guidance in helping every customer to achieve their goals. To do this we make sure the customer has the best equipment to meet their needs. The only way to do this is to understand what their goal is by asking them questions. We look for lasting engagement with our customers by offering them our Price Match Guarantee, Rewards Points, and Service Guarantee. We always offer a creative focus on a positive shopping experience.
Responsibilities (included but not limited to)
- Bike repair, building, diagnostics, and tuning
- Help maintain a large bike rental fleet
- Waxing for all snow/temperature conditions
- Tune and repair skis and snowboards
- Mount bindings on snowboards, downhill skis and Nordic skis
- Ski tuner operation and maintenance
- All aspects of a ski/snowboard shop
- Snowshoe repair
- Maintain a minimum level of service parts
- Attention to detail with customer requests
- Maintain a tidy and organized workspace.
This job opportunity is open both to both internal and external candidates. Familiarization with Point of Sale systems would be beneficial.
The ideal candidate would have 2-4 years of progressive service experience in both Bike and Shop Tech roles enabling them to hit the ground running. Alternatively, training could be provided to a candidate with exceptional skills in one of the above areas.
Equal Opportunity Employer
This employer is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.