Senior Manager, Business Development – ALUS Canada
Are you a system’s thinker who is motivated to foster strategic collaborations to achieve impact on the ground? Are you a connector who is able to inspire, negotiate, coordinate and orchestrate new partnerships with business leaders to create shared
ALUS Canada is hiring a Senior Manager of Business Development to identify new business opportunities and translate these into high-impact partnerships through our corporate ESG mechanism, New Acre™ Project.
This will include executing the New Acre™ Project Fundraising, fostering business relationships, and managing prospects through all stages of the development cycle including identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship. This position is ideal for an individual with a background in marketing, fundraising, or business development with has an understanding of the role environmental social governance has in business.
Business Development and Fundraising
- Identify, cultivate and solicit new prospects and revenue
- Implement strategies in ALUS Corporate Fundraising Strategy to foster and grow New Acre Project revenue streams from corporations across Canada leading to long-term fund development
- Develop, write and collaborate with team members on pitch proposals and presentations for targeted corporate prospects
- Steward/project manage ongoing sponsor relationships, working with key team members, to ensure timely and accurate fulfillment of reporting, sponsorship agreements and recognition plans
- Collaborate with regional and national colleagues on common prospects and joint initiatives
SKILLS, ATTRIBUTES AND EXPERIENCE:
- University education or equivalent
- A strategic thinker familiar with the role of business and sustainability
- A strong networker with experience fostering business relationships
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects and activities and meet required deadlines
- Extremely effective interpersonal skills with a professional presence and manner, and capable of exercising independent judgment, initiative and flexibility
- A self-starter who is comfortable to work proactively and manage competing priorities
- Experience writing funding proposals and/or charitable grant proposals
- Comfortable asking people to contribute time and/or money
- Exceptional organizational, presentation, relationship building and communications skills, both verbal and written, and ability to present to diverse audiences.
- Bilingual in English and French would be an asset.
- Knowledge of ecosystem services, natural capital and/or carbon sequestration concepts.
- Proven ability to work as a member of a team (in virtual settings is an asset)
- Good communication, administrative, negotiation and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and Salesforce or similar CRM software.
- Must be aware of safe working practices for volunteers, partners and self, and must have a basic understanding of the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- Equipped to work remotely.
- A valid driver’s license.
Working environment and compensation
ALUS Canada is committed to building, supporting, and growing a diverse team. We have a standardized interview process designed to reduce individual bias. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- ALUS is a virtual organization with no head office; all staff works remotely.
- Normal working hours are Monday to Friday; 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week; Occasional evenings and weekends
- Compensation is commensurate with experience and education.
- ALUS Canada has a competitive benefits package.
- Must be willing to travel
This is a one-year contract from date of hire with the possibility of extension subject to funding.
Please submit your resume and cover letter (Microsoft Word or Adobe pdf) to alusjobs at alus dot ca by July 13, 2020. Only those candidates requested for an interview will be contacted.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.