Ministry of Forests
Licensed Authorizations Officer
$61,182.54 – $77,067.27 annually
The Ministry of Forests is part of the BC Public Service and is responsible for land and resource management in BC. We ensure the sustainable management of forests, wildlife, water and other land-based resources and work with Indigenous and rural communities to strengthen and diversify economies. We support activities that provide environmental, economic, cultural and social benefits to all British Columbians.
As the Licensed Authorizations Officer, you will report to the Senior Licensed Authorizations Officer and will lead or assist a variety of projects. The Licensed Authorizations Officer provides professional advice and makes recommendations regarding the allocation of resources and adjudication of resource authorizations for the Natural Resource Sector. As an authorization’s expert, you will provide client services for existing and prospective tenure holders, as well as work with district and regional teams to ensure a consistent and efficient client experience. This position includes a minor component of field work related to inspection of tenures. Opportunities also exist to assist other program areas such as the Forest and Range Evaluation Program (FREP).
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Degree in the natural resource field or equivalent as recognized by the relevant association.
- Registered, or immediately eligible* (within 6 months) for registration as a Registered Professional Forester (RPF) with the British Columbia Association of Forest Professionals (ABCFP)
*Immediately eligible means you are a current professional member in good standing the professional association in another Canadian jurisdiction and can immediately transfer to BC.
- Related experience working in natural resource management.
- Preference may be given to applicants with one or more of the following:
- Experience in supervising, leading, coaching, and mentoring staff.
- Experience in consulting, negotiating, and resolving conflicts with stakeholders in natural resource management.
For more information and to apply online by June 6, 2023, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/95257
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
To apply for this job please visit bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com.