Title: Donor Relations Assistant
Start date: As Soon As Possible
Location: Birds Canada National HQ Office, Port Rowan, Ontario
Schedule: 40 hours/week
Salary Range: $37,519 to $45,780 (Plus Benefits; Level 2)
Are you looking to channel your skills into meaningful, energizing work that will directly contribute to protecting our natural world? Birds Canada is the country’s only national organization dedicated to bird conservation. Every day, our thousands of caring donors, 70+ passionate staff, and 70,000+ outstanding volunteers are taking action to help us better understand, appreciate, and conserve birds and their habitats. Together, we are Canada’s voice for birds – will you join us?
We are searching for an organized and detail-oriented Donor Relations Assistant who is responsible for a wide range of data entry and administrative tasks related to the processing and management of Birds Canada’s donor and volunteer participant databases. The Donor Relations Assistant reports directly to the Director of Development and works closely with the Donor Database Manager, Donor Relations Coordinator, the communications team, and the finance team.
Your Primary Activities:
– Process all offline donations and send acknowledgement gift letters and confirmation emails when necessary.
– Ensure that all offline cheques go to Finance for pre-deposit once they have been recorded.
– Update and maintain Birds Canada’s donor database, including processing program registrants.
– Ensure that all donations are entered and program participation is updated.
– Process receipts and corresponding thank you letters for all donors and ensure that all receipts are mailed or emailed promptly.
– Assist with any in-house appeal or newsletter mailings.
– Participate enthusiastically in donor stewardship initiatives and suggest new ways to show appreciation to supporters.
– Participate in all Birds Canada meetings and special events as requested.
– Answer phones and provide reception relief as backup to the Office Operations Manager.
– Provide backup assistance in the absence of the Donor Database Manager or Donor Relations Coordinator.
– In the absence of the Office Operations Manager, administer incoming and outgoing mail on a daily basis by delivering it to the Post Office, picking up new mail and distributing to the appropriate staff.
– Perform other duties as assigned by the Donor Database Manager, the Director, Development, the Vice-President, Public Support, or the President & CEO.
– Proactively pursue and utilize internal and external resources to support a personal and professional development journey that increases awareness and sensitivity to the needs and concerns of individuals from diverse cultures, backgrounds and orientations.
– Ensure the incorporation of inclusive practices in all duties and responsibilities, on a consistent and ongoing basis, including but not limited to verbal and written interactions with constituents and Birds Canada staff.
The knowledge you’ll bring:
– Proficiency with MS Office suite and Outlook
– Familiarity with a fundraising database systems, preferably Raiser’s Edge and Engaging Networks
– Ability to speak French an asset
– Enthusiasm for learning and speaking about Birds Canada’s work and bird conservation in Canada
– Experience working with donors or customers, preferably making phone calls and corresponding by email
– Excellent oral and written communication skills
– Ability to juggle multiple demands and difficult conversations while maintaining composure
– Must have superior attention to detail
Please submit your Resume and Cover Letter to HR Manager, Pam Poole via email to email@example.com by August 22, 2022.
Birds Canada is committed to improving levels of diversity among its volunteers, donors, staff, and board to reflect the diversity of Canada. In an effort to do so, we are actively tracking and seeking to improve our ability to reach all candidates with our job advertisements. Applicants belonging to racialized groups; who identify as Indigenous, LGBTQ+; or who have differing abilities are therefore invited to self-identify in their cover letter.
We thank all applicants for their expressed interest and application, however, only those candidates that are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Birds Canada http://www.birdscanada.org
Posting Deadline: August 22nd, 2022
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.