Delta Farmland and Wildlife Trust (DFWT) is hiring for the position of Program Outreach Coordinator. This unique position integrates program outreach and stewardship methodologies within farming systems. The work is based in the Fraser Valley and Fraser River Estuary, which boasts some of Canada’s most productive soils and is recognized as Canada’s top Important Bird Area. This is an exciting job opportunity for an enthusiastic, organized, and outgoing individual who is passionate about farming and sustainability.
This is a full-time 1-year contract with the possibility of extension. The Program Outreach Coordinator will work remotely or from the DFWT office as needed. Travel will be required to attend meetings, meet with farmers, verify projects, and attend Fraser Valley events from Delta to Abbotsford. Mileage will be compensated at the government rate, but the candidate selected will need access to a suitable, reliable vehicle.
Roles and Responsibilities
The DFWT Program Outreach Coordinator is responsible for the following:
· Assisting with the delivery of several stewardship programs for local farmers from Delta to Abbotsford
· Working cooperatively with the DFWT team and Board as required
· Representing DFWT at local farm events, on committees, and any other opportunities to meet with farmers
· Working closely with local farmers to identify challenges within agricultural systems that may benefit from DFWT’s stewardship programs
· Running outreach activities for DFWT, including (but not limited to): presenting at professional conferences; presenting to special interest groups; leading field tours; preparing outreach materials etc
· Processing program applications and verifying project details with GPS etc.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
· Knowledge/training in agroecosystems or first-hand experience farming in BC
· Experience with or strong knowledge of regenerative practices and general stewardship concepts in farming, particularly related to soil health and habitat provision
· Experience with public outreach (3-5 years)
· Bachelor of Science or associated degree in soil/agriculture/resource management
· Superior communication (both written and verbal), public speaking and public relations skills
· Strong administrative skills
· Aptitude and training in Microsoft Office and database management
· Proficient in basic GIS analyses (e.g. ArcGIS software)
· Self-motivated, organized, and detail-oriented
· Class 5 Driver’s License and access to a vehicle
Additional assets that will set the successful candidate apart include:
· Detailed knowledge of fruit, vegetable, and dairy production systems of southwestern BC
· A Master of Science in agriculture/resource management
· An interest in social media and proficiency in crafting compelling posts to share on-the-ground experiences
To Apply for the position of DFWT Program Outreach Coordinator, submit your resume and a cover letter to:
Email to email@example.com (in the subject line, put: “Program Outreach Coordinator”).
DFWT provides a competitive health benefits plan to all full-time staff.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.