Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC), a leader in Canadian habitat conservation, is looking for a dynamic individual with a positive inspiring attitude, to join our National Education team.
As National Education Coordinator, you will:
· provide support for the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of our action-oriented youth education programs, primarily our national network of Wetland Centres of Excellence partnerships
· coordinate the national Wetland Centres of Excellence online networking events
· manage and update the Wetland Centres of Excellence website
· create engaging social media content for youth
· write stories highlighting youth taking conservation action
· assist in the development of educational content
· engage diverse urban and rural communities across Canada
· assist with strategic planning and goal setting towards achieving DUC’s conservation mission through education
· establish and manage relationships with partners, educators, students, funders, DUC staff and volunteers
· support education fundraising efforts
Your ability to translate science to plain language, combined with good interpersonal skills, will be essential as you collaborate with various internal and external stakeholders and establish strategic partnerships. Your coordinating skills and ability to innovate will be assets while working with regional, communications and fundraising staff, as well as volunteers.
As a successful candidate, you are a creative thinker able to act on your own initiative. You have excellent oral and written communication skills and an ability to network effectively and cultivate successful working relationships.
Your three to five years of experience in environmental education or communications, with a demonstrated understanding of conservation and sustainable development, will make you the ideal candidate for this position.
· Bachelor’s degree in education, biology, resource management, communications or related field
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including functional French
· Proficient in report writing, negotiating and delivering presentations
· Experience utilizing a variety of communication mediums, including social media and distance education tools
· Experience in managing social media accounts on different platforms
· Experience in capturing short footage, images made for social media with limited equipment, some experience in film editing is preferred.
· Ability to prioritize, and manage time effectively to maximize productivity and meet deadlines
· Ability to work independently and in a team environment
· Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite of programs
· Ability to travel nationally, as needed
This full-time position will have the flexibility to be based from our dog-friendly national headquarters at Oak Hammock Marsh (just north of Winnipeg, Manitoba) or from another DUC provincial office.
How to Apply
Working for DUC is a career highlight for many staff. Let us know if making a difference is important to you.
Please visit our online career center to submit your application for confidential consideration.
Closing deadline: July 31, 2020 (EDT)
Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC) is the leader in wetland conservation. A registered charity, DUC partners with government, industry, non-profit organizations and landowners to conserve wetlands that are critical to waterfowl, wildlife and the environment. Learn more at ducks.ca.
While DUC would like to thank all applicants, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
To apply for this job please visit www.ducks.ca.