Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC), one of Canada’s leading conservation organizations, is looking for a confident, capable, energetic and dedicated engineering professional to join our team in Ontario.
Reporting to the Head of Conservation Programs, this position is responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of new and existing Ducks Unlimited wetland projects across the province.
As a team member, you will be responsible for:
- Survey of new and existing wetlands
- Hydrological and hydraulic design
- Cost Estimating
- Material procurement
- Contract management
- Construction Supervision
- Habitat Asset Management
- Invoicing and reporting
- supporting other business lines including restoration services, fundraising and communications and marketing
- you are an enthusiastic team player and self-starter, capable of seeing the bigger picture and enjoy thinking out of the box. You are an effective communicator who builds positive working relationships.
- Expected term of employment is 2 years with a possibility of becoming permanent.
- 35 hours per week; work hours include some evenings and weekends.
- Travel throughout Ontario is necessary for this position and a valid driver’s license is required.
- A recent graduate of a civil engineering degree or completion of a civil engineering technology diploma with experience
- Experience with construction supervision
- Experience with engineering design, hydrology and construction involving heavy equipment
- Strong planning, reporting and project management skills
- Proficient with MS Office and AutoCAD
- Experience with Civil3D, and GPS surveying, Office 365, AutoCAD, SWMM and HEC programs would be considered an asset
- Experience with ArcGis and RTK
- Awareness of provincial Occupational Health and Safety practices; Dam Safety Regulations and the approvals process would be considered an asset
- Experience with provincial and federal environmental regulations, approvals and best management practices
- A valid G driver’s license
- Ability to work flexible hours, in inclement weather outdoors and travel as required
How to Apply
Working for DUC is a career highlight for many staff. Let us know if making a difference is important to you.
Please visit our online career center to submit your application for confidential consideration.
Closing deadline: March 26, 2021 (EDT)
Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC) is the leader in wetland conservation. A registered charity, DUC partners with government, industry, non-profit organizations and landowners to conserve wetlands that are critical to waterfowl, wildlife and the environment.
Learn more at ducks.ca.
While DUC would like to thank all applicants, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.