Ducks Unlimited Canada, the leader in wetland conservation, is looking for a confident, energetic and dedicated Head Conservation Programs to join our team in Brandon, Manitoba.
In this position, you will lead the development and implementation of progressive conservation programs in the province, including land securement and habitat restoration. As a critical member of the provincial leadership team, you will also be responsible for:
- planning, delivering and evaluating annual and multi-year habitat conservation goals
- developing and accurately tracking budgets
- managing activities of conservation staff
- building and maintaining external partnerships
- securing revenue from conservation partners
- ensuring provincial health and safety legislative requirements are met
You have a high degree of emotional intelligence, strong communication skills and a desire to continuously improve operations by implementing fresh ideas. You are a true leader with visionary qualities who consistently delivers quality results in a complex, changing environment.
Your demonstrated experience in conservation program delivery, natural resource management techniques and waterfowl habitat requirements, along with a demonstrated ability to manage and motivate staff, will make you the ideal candidate for this position.
- College diploma or undergraduate degree with a strong conservation focus and a background in science, agriculture, natural resources or government relations.
- Experience supervising a team of multi-disciplinary professionals.
- Strong planning, reporting and project management skills with experience managing budgets.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong negotiation and relationship-building skills.
- An understanding of local agricultural, industry and conservation practices would be considered an asset
- Valid driver’s license, as some travel will be required for this position.
How to Apply
Working for DUC is a career highlight for many staff. Let us know if making a difference is important to you.
If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please visit our online career center to submit your application for confidential consideration.
Closing Date: April 9, 2020 (EDT)
Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC) is the leader in wetland conservation. A registered charity, DUC partners with government, industry, non-profit organizations and landowners to conserve wetlands that are critical to waterfowl, wildlife and the environment. Learn more at ducks.ca.
While DUC would like to thank all applicants, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
To apply for this job please visit www.ducks.ca.