Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC), one of Canada’s leading conservation organizations is looking for a Photo Interpretation Technician with a specialization in wetlands. This is a full-time, permanent position based in the Quebec City office. The incumbent may be called upon to travel anywhere in Quebec.
The Photo Interpretation Technician will primarily be responsible for the detailed wetland mapping program for southern Quebec.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Carry out photo-interpretation of wetlands from digital aerial photographs with photogrammetry and geomatics software
· Create, manage and optimize databases with spatial reference
· Validate and characterize wetlands in the field
· Participate in field campaigns and aerial overflights.
You are a self-motivated individual with a positive, “can do” attitude, who thrives in a fast-paced environment. You are a reliable team player with strong organizational, time management and interpersonal skills as well as excellent oral and written communication skills will make you a great asset to our team.
You are an energetic collaborator and has the ability to cultivate solid relationships with many people.
· College training in forestry and photo-interpretation, or relevant experience in these fields.
· Good knowledge of wetland ecosystems (classification systems, hydrology, plant species, soil types and ecological functions of these habitats), as well as botany and dendrology
· Good knowledge of geomatics (ArcMap) and photogrammetry (Dat / EM) software;
· Knowledge or experience in photo-interpretation, in the fields of the environment, ecology, forestry, or any other related field;
· Knowledge of the guide to the identification and delimitation of wetlands in southern Quebec (MDDELCC 2015).
· Precision, attention to detail, ability to meet tight deadlines
· Ability to work independently and in a team
· Have excellent communication skills (oral and written)
· Knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, ESRI
How to Apply
Working for DUC is a career highlight for many staff. Let us know if making a difference is important to you.
Please visit our online career center to submit your application for confidential consideration.
Closing deadline: March 12, 2021 (EDT)
In Quebec, DUC is positioned as a strong ally for governments, municipalities, industries and environmental groups. During its 43 years of service in Quebec, CI has developed unique expertise, notably in the protection, restoration, mapping and public policies for the conservation of wetlands.
While DUC would like to thank all applicants, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.