Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC), one of Canada’s leading conservation organizations, is looking for a confident, energetic and dedicated engineering professional to join our team in British Columbia.
As a member of our conservation team, you will be responsible for conducting any of the following: cost feasibility studies, inspections, surveying, designing and supervising construction of earth dam embankments and various types of water control structures. These activities appeal to you because you love working outdoors. You will also operate and maintain our projects and conduct site reconnaissance for potential future projects.
You are an enthusiastic team player and a self-starter, capable of seeing the bigger picture and you enjoy thinking outside the box. You are an effective communicator who builds positive working relationships, and you enjoy travelling in BC.
You possess strong leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills. You have expertise in project planning and execution, financial and contract management, and tendering and contractor supervision. You enjoy a complex, changing environment and can manage numerous projects on tight deadlines.
Your minimum three years of experience, related knowledge and academic achievements in the engineering field make you the ideal candidate for this position, which is based from one of our dog-friendly offices in Surrey, Williams Lake, or Kamloops, BC.
This position will interest to those with practical experience with water control structures, construction of roads and dams, hydrology or other areas within the water resource sector.
· A civil engineering technology diploma
· Experience with construction supervision
· Experience with environmental regulations and best management practices
· Strong planning, reporting and project management skills
· Proficient with MS Office and AutoCAD,
· Experience in engineering design, hydrology and construction involving heavy equipment
· Awareness of BC Occupational Health and Safety Regulation
· Knowledge of the BC Water Sustainability Act, Dam Safety Regulations and the approvals process are an asset
· Excellent organization, interpersonal communication skills, both oral and written
· A valid class 5 driver’s license
· Membership or eligibility for membership with ASTTBC
· Ability to work flexible hours, in inclement weather outdoors and travel as required
· Experience with Civil3D, and GPS surveying is an asset
· An understanding of wetlands, agricultural and forestry practices are an asset
How to Apply
Working for DUC is a career highlight for many staff. Let us know if making a difference is important to you.
Please visit our online career center to submit your application for confidential consideration.
Closing deadline: June 29, 2020 4:00pm (PDT)
Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC) is the leader in wetland conservation. A registered charity, DUC partners with government, industry, non-profit organizations and landowners to conserve wetlands that are critical to waterfowl, wildlife and the environment. Learn more at ducks.ca.
While DUC would like to thank all applicants, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
To apply for this job please visit www.ducks.ca.