Position Title: Bilingual Presenter/Animal Handler
Hiring Organization: Earth Rangers
Location: Woodbridge, Ontario, Canada
Reports to: Curator, Live Productions
Start Date: Negotiable
Environmental education at a young age plays a critical role in influencing lifelong attitudes towards our natural world. But we can’t just equip children with knowledge—to create long term behavioral change, we must empower them with the ability to act on that knowledge. Preparing the next generation to be conservationists is some of the most important work that any of us can do, and the time to do it is now. Earth Rangers is the kids’ conservation organization, committed to instilling environmental knowledge, positivity, and the confidence to take action in every child in Canada. We do this through a suite of programming that children can participate in at school, at home, and in their communities. All of these programs are educational and engaging—but more importantly, they show children that it’s not too late to help the planet, and the things we do today will matter tomorrow.
Founded as a small community organization in 2004, Earth Rangers has grown to be the largest youth environmental organization globally; a homegrown, Canadian success story with over 50,000 active members and 250,000 alumni.
We are seeking a Bilingual Presenter/Animal Handler to be responsible for delivering our programming across Canada (both virtually and in-person), animal handling, and with general husbandry. Please note that this is a Full Time position therefore Seasonal applicants will not be considered.
· Handling of various mammalian, avian and reptilian species for educational purposes
· Deliver educational show programs in both French and English across Canada both in-person and virtually
· Appear on English/French television and other large market media platforms
· Assist management staff in the development of presentations and guest encounters
· All aspects of daily animal care and maintenance including cleaning, feeding, watering, observing, enclosure upkeep, behavioural enrichment, monitoring of health and record keeping
· Fully bilingual (spoken and written) in the French and English languages
· Post-secondary education in a related field (zoology, education, biology) is preferred
· Strong public speaking skills in both French and English
· Must be comfortable delivering programming across various media platforms
· Must be able to communicate clearly & professionally and conduct themselves in a positive manner with co-workers and visitors
· Must work well within a team
· Strong attention to detail
· Strong problem solving skills with the ability to decide when to act independently and when to seek consultation from the supervisor/director
· Must be able to work well under direction and have the capacity to absorb feedback
· Computer literate (MS Office)
· Ability to travel for extended periods of time
· Enjoy working in/outdoors and the ability to work weekends and holidays
· Must have a valid G class drivers license
· Ability to lift 50lbs and capable of meeting the physical demands of the position
Earth Rangers is dedicated to fostering a diverse work environment. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment. Applicants that meet the qualifications will be contacted for an interview.
Earth Rangers is committed to accommodating applicants and employees with disabilities. Should you require accommodation or this job description to be available in an accessible format, please advise.
Interested applicants please forward your resume to email@example.com.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.