Position Title: Animal Care Attendant
Job Type: Part Time (20 hours/week)
Hiring Organization: Earth Rangers
Location: Woodbridge, Ontario, Canada
Reports to: Curator, Live Productions
Start Date: Negotiable
About Earth Rangers
Environmental education at a young age plays a critical role in influencing lifelong attitudes towards our natural world. But we can’t just equip children with knowledge—to create long term behavioral change, we must empower them with the ability to act on that knowledge. Preparing the next generation to be conservationists is some of the most important work that any of us can do, and the time to do it is now. Earth Rangers is the kids’ conservation organization, committed to instilling environmental knowledge, positivity, and the confidence to take action in every child in Canada. We do this through a suite of programming that children can participate in at school, at home, and in their communities. All of these programs are educational and engaging—but more importantly, they show children that it’s not too late to help the planet, and the things we do today will matter tomorrow.
Founded as a small community organization in 2004, Earth Rangers has grown to be the largest youth environmental organization globally; a homegrown, Canadian success story with over 50,000 active members and 250,000 alumni.
Earth Rangers is seeking a Part-Time Animal Care Attendant. Under general supervision, this position would assist with the daily husbandry tasks of our Animal Ambassador’s enclosures and areas, but does not include direct handling of the animals. Candidate must be hardworking, motivated, and dependable.
· Cleaning animal enclosures and area
· Laundry duties
· Pressure washing equipment
· Assist with maintaining the animal facility (sweeping, mopping, dusting, etc.)
· Record keeping
· Assist with construction/maintenance of animal equipment if needed
· Must be comfortable working in proximity to animals
· Must be able to communicate clearly & professionally and conduct themselves in a positive manner with co-workers
· Must work well within a team
· Strong attention to detail
· Must be able to work well under direction and have the capacity to absorb feedback
· Enjoy working in/outdoors and the ability to work weekends and holidays
· Ability to lift 50lbs and capable of meeting the physical demands of the position
· A valid G class driver’s license is preferred
Earth Rangers is dedicated to fostering a diverse work environment. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment. Applicants that meet the qualifications will be contacted for an interview.
Earth Rangers is committed to accommodating applicants and employees with disabilities. Should you require accommodation or this job description to be available in an accessible format, please advise.
Interested applicants please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.