Job title: Analyst – Landscape planning and development
Employment type : Full time, 1 year contract with possibility of renewal
Application period: January 29 to February 21
Start date: March 16 2020
Eco2urb’s mission is to apply the latest research in ecology and ecological economics to facilitate conservation planning at local and regional scales. Professors Dupras, Gonzalez and Messier launched Eco2urb to meet a growing demand for their approach to the analysis and management of biodiversity, habitat connectivity and the ecosystem services supplied by natural ecosystems and urban green infrastructure. Among the different services offered, Eco2urb provides a holistic approach to the management of landscapes and natural resources, namely by using innovative modelling software and providing targeted recommendations aimed at fostering ecosystem and landscape resilience through diversity and connectivity. Eco2urb combines nature-based solutions and approaches to support efforts to protect and restore ecosystems.
Your challenges : Contribute to the completion of contracts with the company’s clients, particularly with regard to the analysis of landscapes to assess their ecological connectivity, biodiversity, including functional diversity, and ecosystem services.
Your main responsibilities:
· Assess the ecological connectivity for different landscapes.
· Analyze the functional diversity and resilience of forests and urban trees.
· Evaluate ecosystem services provided by trees and forests using iTree.
· Conduct multi-criteria analyses to prioritize natural areas for conservation.
· Produce maps relating to the characterization and connectivity of the landscape.
· Contribute to the development of interactive tools to facilitate land use planning.
· Contribute to the writing of reports and recommendations for clients.
· Conduct research to support the company’s findings and results, where applicable.
· Publish results in scientific journals, where applicable.
· Conduct urban forestry inventories when necessary.
Requirements: We are looking for a versatile and bilingual person who is passionate about land use planning and natural resource management, with enough experience to carry out large-scale projects. We are looking for someone who can multitask, enjoys working in a team, and can work effectively to meet deadlines. A Master’s in biology, ecology, geography or a related field is a minimum requirement.
Special knowledge requirements :
· Proficiency with R programming software.
· General knowledge of the regulations concerning the management of natural areas in Quebec.
· Solid understanding of the concepts of ecosystem services, ecological connectivity and functional diversity.
· Proficiency in geomatics tools, particularly QGIS software.
· Knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.
· Experience with Zonation, Circuitscape, Syncro-Sim and iTree software.
· Experience in landscape modelling.
· Experience in programming and the development of applications.
· Experience in urban and landscape planning.
· Experience in characterizing natural environments and delimiting wetlands.
Wage : 25 to 28.85$/hour, depending on experience
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter including names of two to three people to contact for letters of reference to : email@example.com
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.