Forests Ontario’s mission is to foster a greener and healthier future for Ontario through large-scale forest and grassland restoration and management projects across the province. In addition, Forests Ontario delivers a wide range of educational and awareness initiatives to increase the public’s appreciation and understanding of the social, economic, and ecological importance of forests and grasslands. Grasslands Ontario, a division of Forests Ontario, was established in 2018 and administers the Grassland Stewardship Initiative.
The Grasslands Restoration Coordinator will primarily support restoration programming, including the Grassland Stewardship Initiative, offered through Grasslands Ontario, a division of Forests Ontario. This position will be responsible for coordinating, maintaining, updating, entering, and analyzing restoration and client data collected and entered via web-portal. The Coordinator will provide data analysis, results, and reports in support of program development. In addition, the position will include support for program outreach and communication, program implementation, and capacity building of grassland restoration in Ontario. The Coordinator will communicate on a regular basis with a large network of private landowners, government representatives, and conservation professionals and should have excellent verbal and written communication skills, with attention to detail.
• Coordinating, maintaining, and reviewing restoration data.
• Assessing and approving restoration data entries, reports, and other program forms.
• Developing and finalizing partner agreements, tracking and coordinating payments and invoicing, and ensuring projects are proceeding as scheduled.
• Analyzing data patterns to identify gaps, inefficiencies, and areas for program and project growth.
• Supporting the enhancement of program capacity and delivery (seed and stock, network of restoration professionals, landowner engagement, etc.).
• Responding to calls and email inquiries related to grasslands and other restoration programs.
• Connecting interested landowners with restoration professionals in their region and coordinating a network of grasslands professionals and experts throughout Ontario.
• Supporting the development of and updating web-based communications for restoration programs, website, blog postings and/or other sources of communication as required.
• Developing program outreach materials for restoration programs and services.
• Developing content, coordinating, and attending/leading meetings, workshops, and seminars for staff, partners, clients, and the general public.
• Developing reports, briefing notes, and project overviews to partners, government agencies, funders, and clients.
• Assisting in business development, including proposal and grant writing and application submission.
• Conducting and coordinating restoration programs site visits and monitoring.
• Creating site plans and maps for potential restoration sites.
• Other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS OF POSITION:
• University Degree in Environmental Sciences, Restoration, Ecology, Forestry, Resource Management, or related program
• Field experience in grassland habitat restoration and/or other field experience related to forestry
• Familiarity with agricultural Best Management Practices
• Experience/knowledge on seed forecasting and collection (grassland/tree species)
• Experience in the MS Office suite, database applications, online meeting platforms (Teams, Zoom, WebEx)
• Understanding of program development, delivery, and management including general finance and budgeting
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and customer service skills with a wide range of partners, clients, and stakeholders
• Problem solving, organization, and decision management skills
• Ability to work independently and excellent time management skills
• Experience with ArcGIS, Adobe Pro, and Salesforce or other CRM software
• Flora and fauna identification
• Valid G Driver’s License
WORK LOCATION: 15 Maple Avenue, Unit 3 Barrie, Ontario.
However, arrangements for working from home may be available.
JOB TYPE & DURATION: Full-time, 1-year contract position with possible extension.
WORK HOURS: Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week
SALARY: Will be based on years of relevant experience and qualifications.
CLOSING DATE: April 7th, 2023
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Grasslands Restoration Coordinator” as the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.