The Ganaraska Region Conservation Authority is accepting applications for the following position:
Outdoor Education Instructor – Full-time
The Ganaraska Region Conservation Authority operates the Ganaraska Forest Centre, an overnight outdoor education facility located in the Ganaraska Forest, north of Port Hope, Ontario. We offer curriculum-based programs in conservation and outdoor education to elementary and secondary school boards, as well as non-profit and corporate groups. During summer months, a nature based summer camp is offered at the Port Hope administrative office.
This is an excellent opportunity to work in a varied and active program with highly motivated and enthusiastic students using the outdoors as a classroom.
Teaching and supervision of overnight and day school groups as well as program development. Occasional evenings may be required.
- Applicants must have a valid Ontario Teaching Certificate with an Outdoor Experiential Education emphasis
- Applicants should have excellent communications skills and hands-on teaching experience in the field of conservation education, the natural sciences and outdoor education.
- Cross-country ski experience is an asset
- The successful applicant must be able to adapt to an environment of change and work well independently and as a member of a team.
- Available to work a flexible work schedule
- A valid Province of Ontario driver’s licence and a current police check is required
- Certification in Low Ropes Instruction would be an asset
NOTE: Hiring at GRCA is contingent on the clearance of the Vulnerable Sector Screening. Candidates will be asked for a screening only when they have been selected as the leading candidate.
$74,403 – $86,253 per annum
Apply in writing or by email by December 13, 2022 to:
Ms. Linda J. Laliberte, CPA, CGA, CAO/Secretary-Treasurer
Ganaraska Region Conservation Authority
2216 County Road 28, Port Hope, Ontario L1A 3V8
Fax: (905) 885-9824 E-mail: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, the Authority will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you are contacted regarding this competition and you require disability related accommodations, please inform Human Resources.
In accordance with Ganaraska Region Conservation Authority’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, all new employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire, unless medically exempt or otherwise exempt under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.