The Ganaraska Region Conservation Authority has a position open for a GIS specialist. This position also provides support functions to the watershed planning staff.
This position will be working out of the administrative office in Port Hope located on the corner of Highways 28 and 401.
- Degree or equivalent educational background from a recognized university or community college in GIS
applicants should have 1 to 2 years related experience
- A thorough knowledge of GIS software such as ArcPro and ArcGIS Online is required
- A thorough understanding of data editing processes and managing data in an enterprise data management system is required
- Applicants should have excellent communication skills, both oral and written communication skills and ability to multi-task
- Understanding of GPS survey technics, LiDAR and Ortho photo interpretation is considered an asset
- The successful applicant must be able to adapt to an environment of change and work well independently as well as in a team environment
- A valid Province of Ontario drivers licence is also required
Involvement in programs of the Authority including:
- Provide revised mapping and analysis of natural hazard features
- Provide support to all departments for map and report production
- Provide support to data collection team
- Provide analysis of watershed hydrology, fisheries, groundwater and ecology through GIS interpretation
Contract position to December 1st, 2023
Salary $18 – $20 per hour
Apply in writing by May 8, 2023:
Ms. Linda J. Laliberte, CGA, CAO/Secretary-Treasurer
2216 County Road 28, Port Hope, Ontario L1A 3W4 Fax: (905) 885-9824 E-mail: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, the Authority will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you are contacted regarding this competition and you require disability related accommodations, please inform Human Resources.
In accordance with Ganaraska Region Conservation Authority’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, all new employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire, unless medically exempt or otherwise exempt under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.