The Resource Management Technical Assistant provides technical and administrative support to the division including: Resource Planning and Conservation Authority regulation for permits, Natural Heritage and Conservation Services. This position provides support and prepares responses to inquiries and requests related to GRCA planning and GRCA permits. Duties also include file and data management and reporting, data entry and analysis as well as conservation services technical and administrative support. This position reports to the Director of Resource Management.
1. Provide administrative support services for the Director of Resource Management and the Division. Maintain filing and document management systems and data entry.
2. Process legal, real estate and public inquiries and assist in the preparation of correspondence regarding GRCA regulations on specific sites.
3. Compile file tracking and summary reports from the planning database and other sources for planning and regulations programs.
4. Assist in preparation of background information and correspondence for permit, plan review and resource planning submissions.
5. Assist with conservation services programs including scheduling programs and resources, co-ordinate event registration and notices, technical assistance with development of program materials, and responses to general inquiries.
6. Process fee payments and liaise with accounting department as required.
7. Provide coverage for other administrative staff, co-ordinate the training of student/temporary administrative staff and assist with other GRCA administrative duties.
8. Organize internal and external meetings and events including preparation and distribution of meeting agendas and minutes, booking facilities, catering and equipment. Attend meetings and events as required.
9. Assist staff with Microsoft Office and Adobe suite of tools and scanning of drawings or maps.
10. Other related duties as assigned by the Director of Resource Management.
1. University Degree or College Diploma in Environmental Resources, Planning, Administration or related discipline.
2. Minimum of 1 year of administration, land use or environmental planning or related experience.
3. Proven communication (written and verbal) and excellent interpersonal skills.
4. Ability to work in a team or independently with limited supervision and maintain a high level of work productivity and quality with a strong customer service delivery focus.
5. Demonstrated experience in file and document management with a high level of attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
6. Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office (i.e. MS Word, Outlook, Excel, Access and PowerPoint) and knowledge of Adobe Acrobat and AODA requirements for customer service and written communication.
7. Working knowledge of natural resource management or water management principles and familiarity with the Conservation Authorities Act and associated regulation for permissions and municipal Planning Act applications is an asset.
8. Demonstrated ability in the use and interpretation of mapped information including aerial photography, legal surveys, Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and familiarity with database systems and analysis tools.
9. Ability to organize, summarize and assist with the interpretation and analysis of data and information required to support projects in the Resource Management Division.
10. Ability to exercise professional judgment and discretion in dealing with confidential information.
11. A valid driver’s license.
Competencies and Abilities
Demonstrated ability in the area of critical thinking, analysis and assessment of implications, making connections of underlying issues and the ownership of the outcome. Sound judgement resulting in fair, efficient and effective decision-making, bringing clarity and resolution to complex and ambiguous situations, and discretion in dealing with confidential information.
Integrity/Ethics: The willingness to hold oneself and others accountable for acting in ways that are consistent with stated values, principles and professional standards.
Team Work: Interacts with people effectively. Able and willing to share and receive information. Proven ability to communicate information clearly and professionally to both internal and external groups. The ability to gather facts and pertinent information to gain an understanding before drawing conclusions or taking action. Demonstrated ability to build partnerships and alliances with peers, partners and staff.
Goal /Action Oriented: The ability to work in a team or independently with limited supervision and maintain a high level of self-direction, work productivity, quality, and professionalism. Effective problem solving and collaboration skills. Seizes opportunities; takes initiative and is self-motivated. Organizes work, plans activities and sets priorities in a manner that meets competing needs and timely resolution of matters. The ability to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks simultaneously with changing priorities.
Customer Focus: Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. Develops and maintains effective relationships and ensures good communications with stakeholders. Must possess strong customer service skills and the ability to respond to public inquiries with knowledge, tact and enthusiasm.
Leadership: A high level of personal and professional excellence including the ability to align personal and organizational values. Demonstrated ability to be innovative, flexible and entrepreneurial.
Please send a resume and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org in MS Word or PDF format and quote “Resource Management Technical Assistant” in the subject line.
Deadline for Applications: 4:00pm Friday June 25, 2021
The annual salary range for this position is Job Level D $46,124.92 to $56,118.01 /35 hours per week
Approximate Term of Employment July 2021 to October 31, 2022
Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
We thank you for your interest, however only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.