GINKGO SUSTAINABILITY INC.
Ginkgo Sustainability is a leading green/living roof contractor in southwestern Ontario and the Greater Toronto Area specializing in Institutional, Commercial and Multi-Residential projects. We are looking for elite crew members to work on our construction projects. Our high standards attract demanding clients and excellent staff and our culture fosters pride in workmanship and attention to detail.
GREEN ROOF INSTALLER
Job Description and Profile
A Green Roof Installer is an on-site constructor of green roof systems. A green or living roof is a roof on a building that is partially or completely covered with vegetation and a growing medium, planted over a waterproofing membrane. It may also include additional layers such as a root barrier, drainage and irrigation systems. Green Roof Installers will assist with the installation of root barrier, drainage, growing medium and vegetation. Green Roof Installers are expected to:
· install materials as specified by their Foreman in line with construction drawings & specifications;
· comply with all site and company safety policies and procedures;
· reinforce the company reputation with clients, sub-contractors and suppliers;
· ensure quality of their work and are able to work independently;
· inform their Foreman of any safety concerns and human resource issues;
· be comfortable with manual labour and physically demanding outdoor work;
· work in a safe manner on every construction site; and,
· any other duties asked by the Foreman.
Skills and Requirements
The successful applicant:
· is trustworthy, an autonomist, respectful, self-motivating with strong communication skills;
· has an aptitude for physically demanding outdoor work as manual lifting and continuous movement are required;
· is comfortable with heights; and,
· is highly motivated with an excellent work ethic.
· Soft and/or hard landscape construction experience is an asset.
· The applicant must have their own transport to job sites; public transit and carpooling is acceptable.
· GINGKO is a full-weather company; individuals should expect to be at work in all seasonal conditions.
Benefits and Rate of Pay
Ginkgo Sustainability offers competitive compensation. This position is unionized and the successful applicant will be required to become a member of SMWIA Local 30.
How to Apply
· Please forward your cover letter and résumé to Ginkgo Sustainability at email@example.com.
· We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
· For more information about GINKGO Sustainability, and to view our featured projects, visit our website at www.ginkgosustainability.com.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.