Landowner and Community Support
Salary starting at $54,000
We are seeking an energetic and enthusiastic individual for the available position of Landowner and Community Support who will be responsible for the implementation of our Stewardship projects as they relate to the implementation of our Lake Management Plans, Watershed Plans, Stewardship Strategy, and other Management Plans. This position will involve a high degree of customer service, project planning and administration as well as field work. The successful candidate will provide ongoing collaboration with other department areas as well as Municipal partners, community groups, funders, and volunteers. This position will also involve the development of new programs, writing grant applications and managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrates exemplary customer service; is solution driven, optimizing customer service through continuous improvements to departmental processes, tools, and communications.
- Lead our landowner outreach programs through various channels to promote our programs and projects. Provide advice to private landowners on topics related to our stewardship programs including agriculture, urban, and shoreline properties.
- Administer landowner cost sharing programs, including liaising with the selection committee, and overseeing the administration and allocation of the funds.
- Liaise with Municipal staff to identify community improvement projects that align with the goals of both Kawartha Conservation and our Municipal partners.
- Establishes and maintains strong relationships and partnerships that develop and enhance service delivery.
- Identify and write grant applications that will support existing and new stewardship service programs and projects.
- Development of a variety of reports including board reports, funding reports, and reports to project partners.
- Identify and implement improvements and efficiencies to ensure our Stewardship Services are innovative and effective.
- Input to the Director, Stewardship and Conservation Lands on annual budget requirements and take responsibility for controlling assigned budgets.
- Assist in the design and development of new stewardship services that will achieve the goals of our Strategic plan, Stewardship Strategy, and the Lake Management Implementation Action Plan.
- Participate on internal/external committees or working groups as required.
- Other assignments as requested pertinent to the position.
- Graduate of a postsecondary program in ecosystem or natural resource management, environmental science / biology, or horticulture
- Demonstrated knowledge of urban and rural water quality issues and low impact design
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Solid understanding of workplace legislation such as the Employment Standards Act, WSIB, Occupational Health and Safety, Human Rights Act, and AODA.
- Demonstrated skills and experience with production of information products and social marketing techniques
- Valid M.T.O. driver’s license.
Location: office and remote work with occasional outdoor work.
For a full job description please go to our website www.kawarthaconservation.com.
Applicants are required to electronically submit a cover letter that specifically demonstrates how they meet the position qualifications above, with a resume in one MS WORD or ADOBE PDF, no later than Friday, October 8th, 2021 to: SCLresumes@kawarthaconservation.com – Re: Landowner and Community Support.
Please note that due to the Pandemic situation, interviews may be carried out virtually (via zoom) rather than face to face. We will accommodate the needs of applicants in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise us to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process
We appreciate the interest of all applicants however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.