Special Projects Assistant
Starting Salary $47,000
We are seeking an energetic and enthusiastic individual for the available position of Special Projects Assistant, who will be responsible for supporting the implementation of the Stewardship and Conservation Lands team in the implementation of our Lake Management Plans, Stewardship Strategy, and other Management Plans. This individual will provide administrative support, liaise with community partners and landowners, and participate in community outreach programs that promote the protection of our lakes and water resources.
- Be an ambassador of exceptional customer service to ensure clients are welcomed and receive the quality of service they expect.
- Liaise with clients on various program inquiries including landowner services, demonstration sites, and facility inquiries and rentals among others.
- Responsible for report preparation and presentations to the Board of Directors, various committees, municipal partners, interest groups and the community as required.
- Coordinate the reporting of Implementation Project Leads to ensure the organization achieves its business commitments.
- Support the department in the preparation of quotation summaries, purchase orders. Liaise with product and service providers to ensure efficient and timely deliveries.
- Organize committee and internal meetings including scheduling, agenda development and minute taking for internal and external meetings.
- Creatively identify funding opportunities and methods by which to secure funding.
- Optimizes customer service through continuous improvements to departmental processes, tools, and communications.
- Manage, develop, and update databases relevant to the department.
- Support the implementation and administration of community events including the nature hike series, Christmas at Ken Reid, and other signature events.
- Establishes and maintains strong relationships and partnerships that develop and enhance service delivery.
- Participates on internal/external committees or working groups as required.
- Demonstrates exemplary customer service; is solution driven, optimizing customer service through continuous improvements to departmental processes, tools, and communications.
- Minute taking functions for internal and external meetings.
- Other assignments as requested pertinent to the position.
- Minimum three (3) years demonstrated experience and knowledge in office administration and project support services
- Excellent computer skills, proficient in MS Word, MS Excel; working knowledge of GIS applications an asset.
- Knowledge of common office equipment.
- Solid understanding of workplace legislation such as the Employment Standards Act, WSIB, Occupational Health and Safety, Human Rights Act, and AODA.
- Valid M.T.O. driver’s license.
Location: office and remote work with occasional outdoor work.
For a full job description please go to our website www.kawarthaconservation.com
Applicants are required to electronically submit a cover letter that specifically demonstrates how they meet the position qualifications above, with a resume in one MS WORD or ADOBE PDF, no later than Friday November 26, 2021 to: resumes@KawarthaConservation.com – Re: Special Projects Assistant.
Please note that due to the Pandemic situation, interviews may be carried out virtually (via zoom) rather than face to face. We will accommodate the needs of applicants in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise us to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process
We appreciate the interest of all applicants however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.