Special Projects Assistant
Salary $47,000 to $56,000
We are seeking an energetic and enthusiastic individual for the available position of Special Projects
Assistant, who will be responsible for supporting the implementation of the Stewardship and
Conservation Lands team in the implementation of our Lake Management Plans, Stewardship Strategy,
and other Management Plans. This individual will provide administrative support, liaise with community
partners and landowners, and participate in community outreach programs that promote the protection
of our lakes and water resources.
- Be an ambassador of exceptional customer service to ensure clients are welcomed and receive
the quality of service they expect.
- Liaise with clients on various program inquiries including landowner services, demonstration
sites, and facility inquiries and rentals among others.
- Supporting management in the development of a variety of reports including board reports,
funding reports, and reports to project partners.
- Support landowner outreach programs through letter writing, development of resource
materials, and providing customer service support.
- Supports the team in the development of funding proposals for a variety of program objectives.
- Support the implementation and administration of community events including the nature hike
series, Christmas at Ken Reid, and other signature events.
- Complete quotation summaries, purchase orders, and liaise with product and service providers to
ensure the efficient progress of project and programs.
- Establishes and maintains strong relationships and partnerships that develop and enhance service
- Participates on internal/external committees or working groups as required.
- Demonstrates exemplary customer service; is solution driven, optimizing customer service through
continuous improvements to departmental processes, tools, and communications.
- Minute taking functions for internal and external meetings.
- Other assignments as requested pertinent to the position.
- Minimum three (3) years demonstrated experience and knowledge in office administration and
project support services.
- Excellent computer skills, proficient in MS Word, MS Excel; working knowledge of GIS applications
- Knowledge of common office equipment.
- Solid understanding of workplace legislation such as the Employment Standards Act, WSIB, Occupational Health and Safety, Human Rights Act, and AODA.
- Valid M.T.O. driver’s license.
Office and remote work with occasional outdoor work.
For a full job description please go to our website www.kawarthaconservation.com.
Applicants are required to electronically submit a cover letter that specifically demonstrates how they meet the
position qualifications above, with a resume in one of the following formats: MS WORD or ADOBE PDF, by no later than Wednesday, November 18, 2020 to: resumes@KawarthaConservation.com – Re: Special Projects Assistant.
Please note that due to the Pandemic situation, interviews may be carried out virtually (via zoom) rather than face to face. We will accommodate the needs of applicants in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise us to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.