Job Function: Labourer, Planter
Reports To: The Crew Member will report to the Foreman and Project Manager.
Job Overview: The Crew Member will provide support for our ecological restoration team who are using plant material and soil bioengineering techniques to repair erosion and impact on an industrial site.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Handling and installing erosion control materials
- Collecting, handling live stake and installing bioengineering plant material
- Prepping sites to be planted
- Participating in the safety program
- Driving on the site to deliver materials as needed for job elements
- Planting trees and shrubs
- Minimum 2 years experience in landscaping, tree planting or forestry
- High quality plug planting skills
- Experience using hand saws and pruning shears
- Backcountry driving experience
- Experienced with working outdoors in challenging weather
- Experience working in small team-oriented crews
- Has a passion for the outdoors and environmental stewardship
- Has an interest and curiosity for horticulture and restoration
- Physical abilities must include: heavy lifting, resilience to cold and wet conditions, athletic level fitness, can travel by foot for long distances over uneven terrain
Job Duration: 1-2 month contract with the potential for an extension as required
Required Travel: 100% All work is in northern Alberta for this contract
Wage: Depending on experience $22/h to $35/h
Location: Fort MacMurray
Application Form: https://forms.gle/2Da4qTYCvffY1qLC9
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.