Expression of Interest for Contract Services – Project Manager, Long Point Walsingham Forest Priority Place:
November 1, 2020 to March 31, 2021 – Minimum 20 hours per week up to 35 hours per week with good possibility of extension for part-time work in 2021 and 2022.
The Long Point World Biosphere actively engages in conserving biodiversity, promoting sustainable communities, and partnering in research, monitoring and education in Norfolk County and beyond. Environment Canada and Climate Change has designated the Long Point Walsingham Forests as a Priority Place because of its high biodiversity, large number of species at risk, the highly engaged local conservation community, and the significant environmental threats. There are 11 such Priority Places in Canada and the Long Point Walsingham Forests is the only Priority Place identified in Ontario to date. Advisory and Technical committees have been established for 5 target areas: Invasive Species, Tall Grass Prairie, Road Mortality, Agricultural, and Wetlands and Forest. A shared Geospatial Conservation Database and ESRI Story map have been created to support conservation actions in the 5 target areas.
The Long Point World Biosphere is seeking a dynamic project coordinator to lead a unique partnership of diverse organizations working to advance biodiversity conservation via outreach and communication in Norfolk County, Ontario. https://longpointbiosphere.com/
1. Determine and collect additional datasets to be included in the shared Geospatial Conservation Database, in consultation with the Long Point Biosphere Conservation Committee and the Advisory and Technical committees. Support will be provided to upload to the database.
2. Identify conservation projects and success stories and create communication materials and update the ERSI Story Map, in collaboration with the Advisory and Technical committees, and other community organizations. Training will be provided to update the ESRI Story Map.
3. Build public participation in and awareness of the conservation projects and success stories, and the Priority Place initiative, through various in person and/or online tools such as the Long Point World Biosphere’s website, Research and Conservation Conference, working groups, Facebook, Instagram, presentations, press releases, workshops, and meetings, in collaboration with the Long Point World Biosphere’s members, advisory committees, and community members.
4. Other duties as assigned, e.g., assist with grant reporting and writing.
Required Education and Experience:
· Relevant post secondary degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Good knowledge of Ontario terrestrial and aquatic species, ecosystems and issues in relation to biodiversity conservation.
· Thorough knowledge of Norfolk County terrestrial and aquatic species, ecosystems and issues in relation to biodiversity conservation an asset.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Knowledge and experience working with biodiversity conservation issues and strategies.
· Ability to conceive, plan and implement outreach projects.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with a commitment to a teamwork environment comprised of a variety of nongovernment and government organizations.
· Strong presentation, facilitation, and public speaking abilities.
· Ability to treat sensitive information carefully.
· Ability to prepare written correspondence and reports, prepare and make presentations to public and professional audiences.
· Experience with print, digital and social media networks.
· Ability to work with minimal supervision.
· Organized with the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
For further information about the project, visit www.longpointwalsinghamforest.ca
Please email cover letter and resume in a single PDF file to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 October 2020
The Long Point World Biosphere thanks you for your interest in this opportunity. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. At the Long Point Biosphere Reserve, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our team members. As such, we celebrate inclusion and are committed to equal opportunity employment.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.