Triton Environmental Consultants Ltd. (“Triton”) is seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic Marine Biologist with marine mammal experience and training to join a well-established team of environmental professionals in our Vancouver and Prince Rupert office. Our existing projects encompass Western Canada and will provide the successful candidate with exciting and rewarding opportunities for career development.
Triton is an employee-owned environmental consulting firm with nearly 30 years of experience responding to the environmental needs of resource developers across all sectors, as well as all levels of government. Our clients look to us to provide a wide range of scientific, technical, and management expertise that merge to provide practical environmental solutions. Our multi-disciplinary team comprises environmental professionals specializing in aquatic and terrestrial biology, soil science, vegetation ecology, environmental assessment, environmental auditing, environmental monitoring/inspection, and resource management.
Triton will provide you with a challenging and supportive working environment and a management team dedicated to promoting your personal and professional growth. We offer a competitive wage and benefits package.
This position will appeal to individuals with a passion for working outdoors and who thrive in a fast-paced consulting environment. Successful candidates will be part of a team building world class projects that balance environmental stewardship with responsible resources development. Responsibilities include:
- Research the behaviour and relationships among organisms in the marine environment
- Undertake Marine Mammal Observation (MMO) studies as part of CEAA programs or as compliance monitoring for marine-based resource developments.
- Analyze the distribution of organisms in the marine environment.
- Study the structure of marine communities and assist in the rehabilitation of impacted ecosystems.
- Develop and implement long-term programs for monitoring the marine environment, including developing protocols and overseeing environmental compliance.
- Monitor and track marine mammal movements to document specific migration, timing and presence frequencies in specified coastal areas
- Mitigate and monitor potential effects from construction activities and disturbance, including visual and passive acoustic monitoring surveys
- Develop Triton’s corporate marine program by implementing training strategies to build marine mammal observation capacity among junior employees
- Prepare and submit daily, weekly, and monthly forms and reports
- Collect, analyze data and maintain organized and up-to-date logs
- Promote safety culture and comply with safety protocols
- Liaise with clients, regulators, and contractors
- Work collaboratively within Triton corporate culture
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in marine biology, ecology, zoology, environmental science, or related degree
- Minimum of three – five years experience in marine mammal observation and hydroacoustic work
- Thorough understanding of applicable environmental legislation, regulations, and policies to ensure project-specific compliance
- MED-A3 certification would be an asset.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities
- Able to communicate effectively with critical thinking
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Detail oriented with solid organizational and time-management skills
- Physically fit and able to work in all weather conditions
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license
- Willingness to keep up to date with current marine information and research.
HOW TO APPLY
If this opportunity sounds like you, and you are serious about joining a progressive team of environmental consultants, please apply with a resume and cover letter by clicking on the link below.
Closing Date: June 8, 2020
Competition Reference: MBV-0520
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
To apply for this job please visit triton.bamboohr.com.