The Field Coordinator plays a central role in the recovery of the Vancouver Island Marmot, Canada’s most endangered mammal. The Field Coordinator works in collaboration with the Foundation’s leadership team, the Recovery Team, Captive Management Group, and stakeholders including private landowners and government, to plan and implement on-the-ground recovery and monitoring actions. During the field season, the Field Coordinator should anticipate spending 15% to 30% of their time in the field training and assisting the field team.
Summary of Job Duties
– Train and manage seasonal inventory and release field crews.
– Work with internal and external partners to create and implement work plans to meet recovery objectives for the Vancouver Island Marmot.
– Report on recovery activities and results to the Recovery Team and external stakeholders.
– Facilitate safe operating practices, particularly when crews are working in remote wilderness areas.
– Facilitates the timely and accurate collection and management of data essential to the recovery effort.
– Coordinate with stakeholders to ensure crew have access to field sites and keep landowners informed of our plans and activities.
– Assist the Executive Director with program budgets and securing funding.
– Collaborate with internal and external partners to answer core questions related to the recovery of the Vancouver Island Marmot.
The successful candidate will bring:
– Post-secondary accreditation in an applicable field of study, or significant relevant experience, preferably in a non-profit environment;
– A passion for wildlife conservation, and alignment of own values with those of the Marmot Recovery Foundation
– Strong interpersonal, written and verbal skills, ability to interact and consult with individuals at all levels inside the Foundation, stakeholders, and in the broader community;
– An aptitude for leading a small team working in challenging outdoor environments.
– Demonstrated knowledge of Vancouver Island Marmot Recovery efforts and endangered mammal recovery approaches;
– Demonstrated ability in project planning, development, evaluation and management.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.