Are you looking for an opportunity to develop policies and programs that contribute to the conservation of biodiversity in provincial parks, conservation reserves and other protected areas in Ontario? Do you want to use ecological expertise and your past experience working with stakeholders and the public to shape the ecological sustainability and integrity of protected areas in Ontario? If so, consider joining the Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks (MECP).
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this position, you will:
• provide leadership and professional ecological expertise to MECP staff and other internal and external stakeholders on the development of protected area policies and programs;
• provide expert ecological and policy advice on the development of management strategies and solutions;
• provide leadership on science, information and policy in support of biodiversity conservation in provincial parks, conservation reserves and other protected areas;
• develop, review and evaluate relevant legislation, policy, programs, standards and guidelines.
How do I qualify?
Program knowledge and experience:
• expert knowledge of a wide range of ecological and biophysical subject areas, including ecosystem processes, ecosystem and landscape ecology, monitoring, protected area planning, ecological land classification, wetlands, and fish/wildlife management in protected areas
• demonstrated knowledge of, and experience with providing advice and input on, program development, issues management and assessing the effectiveness of policies, programs, standards and management actions
Communication and interpersonal skills:
• well-developed communication, interpersonal, teamwork and relationship-building skills to explain current policies and programs and work effectively with internal and external stakeholders
• tact, sound judgment, political acuity, negotiation, consultation and consensus-building skills to obtain input and develop recommendations that reflect overall organizational policy direction, programs and mandate
• written communication skills to prepare complex analyses, detailed strategies, briefing documents and executive correspondence
Research and analytical skills:
• demonstrated ability to apply policy research and analysis skills and professional judgement to develop and interpret legislation, policies, programs, standards and guidelines regarding protected areas
Salary Range: $1,549.82 – $1,989.98 Per Week
· 1 Permanent, 300 Water St., Peterborough, East Region
Please apply online, only, at www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 166574, by Thursday, July 22, 2021. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
To apply for this job please visit www.gojobs.gov.on.ca.